The Student Room Group

Optometry at Bradford/Huddersfield university

Is it worth applying for the optometry course as I currently do Pearson Btec level 3 national extended diploma in applied science (this course is equivalent to 3 a levels) My predicated grades are D*D*D do you think Bradford or Huddersfield university would consider me even if I don’t meet the entry requirement.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by farhaan1232
Is it worth applying for the optometry course as I currently do Pearson Btec level 3 national extended diploma in applied science (this course is equivalent to 3 a levels) My predicated grades are D*D*D do you think Bradford or Huddersfield university would consider me even if I don’t meet the entry requirement.

From Bradfords website;
Applied Science. DDD. Only accepted if combined with a pure Science A level minimum grade B.
From Huddersfield's website;
DDM in Applied Science combined with a Science A Level in Mathematics, Physics, Biology or Chemistry, minimum grade B
Reply 2
Original post by bamtutor
From Bradfords website;
Applied Science. DDD. Only accepted if combined with a pure Science A level minimum grade B.
From Huddersfield's website;
DDM in Applied Science combined with a Science A Level in Mathematics, Physics, Biology or Chemistry, minimum grade B

haha yeah i knew that thank you but weirdly i feel like i still have the chance to get into one of the universities either through clearence or just through chance
Original post by farhaan1232
haha yeah i knew that thank you but weirdly i feel like i still have the chance to get into one of the universities either through clearence or just through chance

I think even through clearing, you might get accepted with a DDM or DMM, but not without the Science A level.
Reply 4
Original post by bamtutor
I think even through clearing, you might get accepted with a DDM or DMM, but not without the Science A level.

so you think i have a chance through clearance or not. Do you know anyone getting into optometry with btec applied science without an a level at Bradford/Huddersfield
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest