The Student Room Group
I've been - this easter I went on a hiking holiday around the Annapurna region, eventually walking right up to Annapurna base camp. I went with a holiday company, with a group and guides. a couple of people in my group had done the hike up to Everest base camp and highly recommended it.

Are you looking to do an organized trip through a company or go on your own/with friends?
Reply 2
Sweet.

I dunno i was planning on spending my student loan on it lol, so i reckon i might go independently rather than with a company. You recommed a company?

How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?
I went with 'The Adventure Company' they do a bunch of hiking trips in Nepal. The one I did was the Annapurna sanctuary trip, though there are others including the longer Annapurna circuit and the Everest base camp one.

There should be prices for different times of year on the website.

As for whether I recommend them, I don't really have other experiences with other companies to compare with, though everything seemed well organized and I had a great trip.

Also as the intended flight in the package was full when I booked, meaning I was put on another, I ended up getting an extra couple of days in Kathmandu before the rest of the group arrived, which was great as it gave me a chance to have a good look around and acclimatise. (I'd perhaps recommend doing so intentionally)

Good luck with whatever you may plan.
There are only certain times of the year that you really want to be going on these things.
yeah - though its not as hugely limited as you'd think. just not the rainy season, the very hottest part of summer or the middle of winter. The time I went (Easter) was fine, though it was quite hazy at lower levels, meaning you couldn't see the high mountains from the city and the first couple of days of hiking. Once you get to a reasonable height though the view is fine.

Latest