The Student Room Group

To BIMM or not to BIMM?

Has anyone got anything good to say about BIMM? I was really impressed at the open day but everything I'm reading on here is suggesting otherwise.... If it's not to be BIMM, where is good for performance (guitar) and songwriting? Thanks!
Reply 1
I’ve heard good things about Bath Spa for commercial music and song writing.
I know people who went to BIMM and enjoyed, I suppose everyone’s experience is different.
Reply 2
Original post by Sureamshaw
Has anyone got anything good to say about BIMM? I was really impressed at the open day but everything I'm reading on here is suggesting otherwise.... If it's not to be BIMM, where is good for performance (guitar) and songwriting? Thanks!

Hi Sureamshaw, did you find anything of interest for you for starting last September? I also want to pursue performance guitar and songwriting and am trying to figure out which course and college would be worth going to and paying for. Thanks :biggrin:
Overall feedback on BIMM isn't wonderful.

For somewhere offering something similar (but actually seeming to deliver it for the moment), try Waterbear (Sheffield or Brighton). I have had some very good feedback from there. Other places to consider would be LIPA, Leeds Conservatoire, Bath Spa, Salford & maybe LCCM.
Reply 4
Original post by dfaulkner1
Hi Sureamshaw, did you find anything of interest for you for starting last September? I also want to pursue performance guitar and songwriting and am trying to figure out which course and college would be worth going to and paying for. Thanks :biggrin:

Hi!

An old friend of mine is in his final year at ICMP studying guitar and seems to really be enjoying it!
Ultimately, the best choice for you will depend on your personal preferences, career goals, and educational priorities. It's a good idea to visit campuses, speak with current students and alumni, and thoroughly research each institution to determine which one aligns best with your aspirations.

It’s a question that’s been circling round my head too! So many mixed reviews. I’d like to think you’d have a nice chance of getting in a decent band - and then producing your own material - with the college having industry links or could be a worthwhile thing to try!
Original post by yep:)
Hi!
An old friend of mine is in his final year at ICMP studying guitar and seems to really be enjoying it!
Great news about your friend at ICMP! Studying guitar there must be amazing. Wishing them all the best in their final year and beyond!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending