The Student Room Group

Application to Royal Conservatoire Scotland (RCS) 2024

I applied for RCS about a week before the UCAS deadline, which probably wasn't the wisest decision, but it's my first choice out of all the places I've applied to. I chose the online audition/'late audition' and it says that they have until 10th July 2024 to reply to my application. The deadline to accept an offer from the universities I've applied to is in May. Surely I'll have an audition before then? Has anyone had auditions/offers from RCS? It's kinda freaking me out a little that they have so long to reply but I need to have made my first choice by then
Reply 1
My daughter has applied for BEd (Hons) Music, she applied quite late too and has not heard anything yet
Not to worry you but my audition and interview was last November, and my place is now confirmed. Might be different depending on the course though, what have you applied for? I'm doing BMus Trad Music.
Reply 3
Original post by islaharris22
Not to worry you but my audition and interview was last November, and my place is now confirmed. Might be different depending on the course though, what have you applied for? I'm doing BMus Trad Music.

music apply MUCH earlier. i applied for acting
Ahh okay that's good to know. The RCS was kinda last minute with my application as well, and I've heard they're not the most organised with all the UCAS stuff, so I doubt you're the only one in that situation. Fingers crossed for you anyway!
Original post by islaharris22
She has applied for BEd Music. She has now had an email advising they will be in touch regarding her audition
Reply 6
Original post by feebee03
I applied for RCS about a week before the UCAS deadline, which probably wasn't the wisest decision, but it's my first choice out of all the places I've applied to. I chose the online audition/'late audition' and it says that they have until 10th July 2024 to reply to my application. The deadline to accept an offer from the universities I've applied to is in May. Surely I'll have an audition before then? Has anyone had auditions/offers from RCS? It's kinda freaking me out a little that they have so long to reply but I need to have made my first choice by then

little update for everyone curious, i got my first audition email today! it’s online and for march 15th, very excited but also very nervous!

little update for everyone curious, i got my first audition email today! it’s online and for march 15th, very excited but also very nervous!

Yayyyy good luck!!
Reply 8
Hi! I'm from the US and I also submitted my application close the the deadline... I haven't heard anything yet but I'm hoping since you got an audition 3 days ago that I might hear something soon! Good luck!!!
Reply 9
Quick question though, what program did you apply to? I applied for MA acting classical/contemporary text.
My daughter applied for online on 3rd January and heard this evening

I had this too for LAMDA. I emailed them to check as I was worried too. They said they didn't know why it said that. I mean really, as long you apply before the deadline it isn't late - it's on time.

The only thing it may be is that it's a "late" auditon it terms of their audition roll out. E.g a November 2023 audition vs March 2024 audition!
Original post by annon 1974
She has applied for BEd Music. She has now had an email advising they will be in touch regarding her audition

Has she heard back yet? I had my audition about 3-4 weeks ago. I’m yet to hear a reply back
Hi there, I’ve just been offered a place today, hopefully you hear back soon!! Fingers crossed! U can always accept an offer and then withdraw it because that’s what I did with Glasgow Clyde College :smile:!!
Reply 14
Original post by MBlackadder
Hi there, I’ve just been offered a place today, hopefully you hear back soon!! Fingers crossed! U can always accept an offer and then withdraw it because that’s what I did with Glasgow Clyde College :smile:!!

i got rejected a few weeks ago 😭 congrats tho!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending