The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Going to study early childhood and unsure of accommodation

hi, i got an offer for early childhood studies and im just wondering about accommodation, it says my course has been changed to city south campus so im wondering whats the best accommodation and a fun sociable one! I'm coming from ireland and don't have a clue! also when applying for accommodation are you able to ask to share a flat with a friend or anything?
Reply 1
Hi I will also be going to BCU, have you sorted out your accommodation?
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by ARCLI
hi, i got an offer for early childhood studies and im just wondering about accommodation, it says my course has been changed to city south campus so im wondering whats the best accommodation and a fun sociable one! I'm coming from ireland and don't have a clue! also when applying for accommodation are you able to ask to share a flat with a friend or anything?

Hey ARCLI,

Is your offer for 2017? The course will be moving to City South in 2018 so your first year will still be at City North.

Your options would be:
1) Living near campus in first year in City North so minimal travel
2) You could live in the City Centre if you wouldn't mind a getting bus or train in to campus.
3) Live nearer City South where your course would move in second year but have to get bus/train to campus in your first year

You can find out more about our halls and which is closest to your campus here: http://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/accommodation/halls

In terms of social activities, although City North might seem a little quieter because a lot of courses have moved, education courses tend to have a very tight knit community so you'll still meet people and be able to arrange social activities.

You'll find again that a lot of health/education students will live in City South, so if you want to be surrounded by a lot of like minded people on similar timetables there is good for that. It's also still pretty busy there and there's lots of activity going on, so don't feel like you'd have to be at the city centre for that.

Whereas City Centre is obviously the nearest to everything available in Birmingham city centre, has a few more options for halls available and so probably a bigger student population but you're likely to find less of those students study at City South.

I hope some of this helps! Any more questions just let us know! :h:

Lydia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending