The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Brookes Snow

Hi, I have an unconditional to OB and the ski societies have been a big influence in where I want to study. Ive looked at the Brookes Snow website but can a student tell me what its really like, and also what the weekly sessions are like
Reply 1
Original post by Archietoddford
Hi, I have an unconditional to OB and the ski societies have been a big influence in where I want to study. Ive looked at the Brookes Snow website but can a student tell me what its really like, and also what the weekly sessions are like

Hi Archie,
I'm a Brookes Snow member and it is by far the best society at Brookes, I went to Les Arcs with 600 others in January and I knew no one when I left, met so many people and was one of the best weeks of my life, was so fun:smile: In regards to what they do every week, they often go to gloucester ski slope on wednesday afternoons, and participate in BUDS in Edinburgh every year. I know that around every fortnight or so, they drive down to Hemel Hempsted which is an indoor ski centre, and usually have a few hours on the slope, I went back in December and it was really good. They have a lot of socials, for May Day they always get a boat for everyone to party on down the Thames. Basically it's infamously the biggest society here and I would 100% recommend joining it if you come to Brookes!:smile:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
?
Original post by Emma622
Hi Archie,
I'm a Brookes Snow member and it is by far the best society at Brookes, I went to Les Arcs with 600 others in January and I knew no one when I left, met so many people and was one of the best weeks of my life, was so fun:smile: In regards to what they do every week, they often go to gloucester ski slope on wednesday afternoons, and participate in BUDS in Edinburgh every year. I know that around every fortnight or so, they drive down to Hemel Hempsted which is an indoor ski centre, and usually have a few hours on the slope, I went back in December and it was really good. They have a lot of socials, for May Day they always get a boat for everyone to party on down the Thames. Basically it's infamously the biggest society here and I would 100% recommend joining it if you come to Brookes!:smile:

Not to be nosy or sound rude but just am curious as it sounds like so much fun, how much are the trips usually?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending