The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Official Oxford Brookes University 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Oxford Brookes University for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Evil Homer
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Oxford Brookes University for 2023!

Ice breaker questions:

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

I’m thinking of joining here todo nursing I’m studying access to nursing now. Also have a couple of others in mind.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Hi @Jordan dye

Thank you for your comment! :smile:

At Oxford Brookes we offer a different range of Nursing courses, including Children's Nursing, Mental Health Nursing and Adult Nursing. Each of these have specific entry requirements and differ in terms of their programme, course length and future careers.

Which one of these were you be interested in applying for September 2023?

What other course(s) are you considering at Oxford Brookes?

I can confirm the Access to HE Diploma is one of the qualifications we can accept for entry as it gives UCAS Tariff Points.

Best wishes
Matilde

Admissions Office
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi Matilde,

My son is applying to Film at Oxford Brookes. Would like to know a bit more about the film-making facilities. Have checked on the university website and YouTube, there is not much information.

Thanks a lot.

Vanessa
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Hi I’m applying for psychology!
Hi guys!!!
I recently sent off my application for Midwifery and have only received the confirmation that they received my application so far.
My nerves are trying to get the best of me.

Does anyone know what the interview process is like? Is it online or in person?
Original post by VanessaLu
Hi Matilde,

My son is applying to Film at Oxford Brookes. Would like to know a bit more about the film-making facilities. Have checked on the university website and YouTube, there is not much information.

Thanks a lot.

Vanessa

Hi @VanessaLu

Thank you for your comment and for applying to Oxford Brookes.

I will contact the Programme Lead and Faculty and come back to you with further information.

Best wishes
Matilde
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Udalls1
Hi I’m applying for psychology!

Hi @Udalls1

We are so glad you applied!

We wish you best of luck with your application. If you have any queries, do give us a call and we will be more than happy to help.

Best wishes
Matilde

Admissions Office
Original post by ._.imaybehappy
Hi guys!!!
I recently sent off my application for Midwifery and have only received the confirmation that they received my application so far.
My nerves are trying to get the best of me.

Does anyone know what the interview process is like? Is it online or in person?

Hi @._.imaybehappy

Thank you for applying to Midwifery at Oxford Brookes.

If you are worried about your application, please give us on call on 0345 350 3699 and we will be more than happy to assist you.

You can also consider chatting to one of our friendly Student Ambassadors to find out more about the interview process, as well as gaining an inside look about every aspect of life at Oxford Brookes. For this reason, this link could be helpful.

Best wishes
Matilde

Admissions Office
Original post by OxfordBrookesRep
Hi @._.imaybehappy

Thank you for applying to Midwifery at Oxford Brookes.

If you are worried about your application, please give us on call on 0345 350 3699 and we will be more than happy to assist you.

You can also consider chatting to one of our friendly Student Ambassadors to find out more about the interview process, as well as gaining an inside look about every aspect of life at Oxford Brookes. For this reason, this link could be helpful.

Best wishes
Matilde

Admissions Office

Thank you very much. I will do!
Hi,
Im thinking of doing nursing at OBU. I want to study Adult and Learning Disability Nursing however I don’t think learning disability nursing is offered at OBU, would it be likely that they add it? If not, I’m thinking of doing Adult and Mental Health, I’m really hoping that they offer it this year. I asked but I haven’t received a response yet. Do they give out unconditional offers? The entry requirements are BCC however I’m predicted A*A*A* in bio, chem and physics and an A* in EPQ. Really hoping for a response.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Forgotten one
Hi,
Im thinking of doing nursing at OBU. I want to study Adult and Learning Disability Nursing however I don’t think learning disability nursing is offered at OBU, would it be likely that they add it? If not, I’m thinking of doing Adult and Mental Health, I’m really hoping that they offer it this year. I asked but I haven’t received a response yet. Do they give out unconditional offers? The entry requirements are BCC however I’m predicted A*A*A* in bio, chem and physics and an A* in EPQ. Really hoping for a response.

Hi @Forgotten one

Thanks for your comment. :smile:

Sadly there is no Learning Disability Nursing course at Oxford Brookes, however we do have Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons), Nursing (Mental Health) BSc (Hons) and Nursing (Children's) BSc (Hons). You can find all the details including entry criteria on the course pages of our website. Entry is subject to evidencing you have achieved the required UCAS Tariff Points amount, including in specific A levels subjects, and you have specific GCSEs (for example, English, Maths and Science).

In other words, if you meet the criteria of entry, then you will get a conditional offer, conditional on providing evidence of your academic qualifications.

I hope this helps, if there is anything else you would like to know do reach out!

Best wishes
Matilde

Admissions Office
Future sociology and criminology student here! (if I get in!) Very excited but as a mature student (22) I'm a bit worried, I hope I fit in. Does anyone know when interviews start?
Original post by PhoebeBatchelor
Future sociology and criminology student here! (if I get in!) Very excited but as a mature student (22) I'm a bit worried, I hope I fit in. Does anyone know when interviews start?

hi @PhoebeBatchelor
Welcome to the thread! :smile:

Sadly we from Admissions do not have specific dates/time periods of when the interviews take place as these are arranged on a case by case basis by the Faculties after you have applied, would you like me to ask for Criminology and Sociology (joint honours) and get back to you?

Best wishes
Matilde

Admissions Office
Original post by OxfordBrookesRep
hi @PhoebeBatchelor
Welcome to the thread! :smile:

Sadly we from Admissions do not have specific dates/time periods of when the interviews take place as these are arranged on a case by case basis by the Faculties after you have applied, would you like me to ask for Criminology and Sociology (joint honours) and get back to you?

Best wishes
Matilde

Admissions Office

Hi Matilde,

If you could that would be fantastic, thank you so much!!
I applied for Law and Business!
Original post by PhoebeBatchelor
Hi Matilde,

If you could that would be fantastic, thank you so much!!

Hi @PhoebeBatchelor

Just in case you missed it in the other thread, Criminology and Sociology (joint honours) does not include an interview in the selection process.

Best wishes
Matilde

Admissions Office
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Taeraatutta
I applied for Law and Business!

Hi @Taeraatutta

Thank you for applying! :smile: We wish you best of luck in your admissions process.

If you have any queries about your course or application, do reach out!

Best wishes
Matilde

Admissions Office
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi!

Ice breaker questions:

Hi I have an interview to study social work. Any advice
Hi! I’ve applied for Paramedic Science, I received a short questionnaire to fill out which i returned but haven’t heard anything since! Has anybody had an interview for health sciences? :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending