The Student Room Group
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David

UWTSD Lampeter Creative Writing 2017/18

I selected UWTSD as my firm choice today and haven't found a thread for this course for this year, so I was wondering who else is going to this course.
Reply 1
I've applied for Creative Writing and Publishing!!
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Reply 2
Original post by KP1999
I've applied for Creative Writing and Publishing!!

Cool! I'm just doing creative writing by itself, it's nice to find someone doing something similar. Are you going to be staying on campus?
Reply 3
Original post by KayMckenzy
Cool! I'm just doing creative writing by itself, it's nice to find someone doing something similar. Are you going to be staying on campus?

Yes I will be staying in halls!! Will you? I feel like it's quite difficult to find people doing creative writing so it's nice to hear someone doing a similar subject to myself!!
Reply 4
Original post by KP1999
Yes I will be staying in halls!! Will you? I feel like it's quite difficult to find people doing creative writing so it's nice to hear someone doing a similar subject to myself!!

I'll be in halls as well. It is difficult finding people doing creative writing, you're the first person I've found so far, or rather you found me!
Reply 5
I'll be in halls as well. It is difficult finding people doing creative writing, you're the first person I've found so far, or rather you found me!

Some of my friends going to other universities have Facebook groups so that they can discuss things prior to actually going to uni. Any idea if we have one of those that I could join? Also how are you feeling about starting the course? I'm feeling really excited to be doing something I love.
Reply 6
Original post by KP1999
Some of my friends going to other universities have Facebook groups so that they can discuss things prior to actually going to uni. Any idea if we have one of those that I could join? Also how are you feeling about starting the course? I'm feeling really excited to be doing something I love.

I've had a look for facebook group chats but had no such luck, unfortunately, maybe one will be started when accommodation is confirmed? I'm also really excited about starting; writing is something I've always enjoyed and to be able to study that in it's entirety is something I'm really looking forward to.
Also, I apologize for my slow replies, I haven't had internet much lately.
Reply 7
I've had a look for facebook group chats but had no such luck, unfortunately, maybe one will be started when accommodation is confirmed? I'm also really excited about starting; writing is something I've always enjoyed and to be able to study that in it's entirety is something I'm really looking forward to.
Also, I apologize for my slow replies, I haven't had internet much lately.

Is accommodation issued after results day? Also did you go to the open day yesterday? I thought that everything about it was so fantastic. Late reply, sorry!!!
Reply 8
Original post by KP1999
Is accommodation issued after results day? Also did you go to the open day yesterday? I thought that everything about it was so fantastic. Late reply, sorry!!!

I'm not too sure when accommodation is issued, I've been wondering that myself. I didn't go to yesterday's open day. Also, I've now come across some facebook groups and the Lampeter student president, I can link you to them if you want?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
I'm not too sure when accommodation is issued, I've been wondering that myself. I didn't go to yesterday's open day. Also, I've now come across some facebook groups and the Lampeter student president, I can link you to them if you want?

Please do! It was a good open day, really got a feel for the course
Reply 10
Original post by KP1999
Please do! It was a good open day, really got a feel for the course

https://www.facebook.com/groups/309871116052036/ This is the group for offer holders, Erietta sent an email with the link to it recently, which is where I got the link.
https://www.facebook.com/lampeter.pres This is the Student Union for Lampeter president, I had a quick chat with him the other day, he's really nice and keen to help
What did you do at the open day? Was there taster sessions?
Reply 11
https://www.facebook.com/groups/309871116052036/ This is the group for offer holders, Erietta sent an email with the link to it recently, which is where I got the link.
https://www.facebook.com/lampeter.pres This is the Student Union for Lampeter president, I had a quick chat with him the other day, he's really nice and keen to help
What did you do at the open day? Was there taster sessions?

It was a campus tour to get a feel for the place and I had a chat with the student union president too, he's so lovely! Help with finance, extra learning needs and accommodation queries and then a chat about the course. It was very benefitting.
If you still haven't heard anything about accommodation on the lampeter campus, email Ann Harris. She is the accommodation officer for our campus and will be able to answer all your queries :smile:
hey
wow what a super star, I love him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending