The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Kupo_nut
Oh rite - hehe I like the "was"

Do you look back at the foul creature you used to be with a sense of disgust and contempt?

No, it's just that I'm Oxford scum now :biggrin:
Reply 181
Ticki
Hmmm, was it in the main bit or near the Fellow and opposite the big glass window thing which (again) looked out into the gardens? Sounds as though you must have been in 208, 209 or 210: Kay, Kris or Rich's room. I had a carpark view too. Was that what sold Sidney to you? :tongue:

oh of course, ooh that clautrophobic carpark makes me tingle.... i was on the same floor as a fellow lol..had my general interview there...ssorin-chaikov....bless his strange little soul
shiny
No, it's just that I'm Oxford scum now :biggrin:

What are you doing there :eek: :confused:

Have you turned gay yet?

:tongue:
Reply 183
polthegael
What are you doing there :eek: :confused:

Have you turned gay yet?

:tongue:

going to do my PhD there :frown:

And no I haven't turned gay :rolleyes:
Squishy
Mmmm, car parks...

stop it, you're making me hungry.

MB
Kupo_nut
Hey guys and gals, this is a massively helpful thread!

Crikey some of these things sound a bit intimidating - formal dinners et al! The only times i've ever worn a suit were to the Cambridge interview and to funerals! Is anyone else common scum like me or are all you other freshers members of high society already?

Yeah, i'm common scum too. Still on a grammar purge. "Et al" is for people, "etc" is for things.

MB
Reply 186
priya
oh of course, ooh that clautrophobic carpark makes me tingle.... i was on the same floor as a fellow lol..had my general interview there...ssorin-chaikov....bless his strange little soul

Ah, the Dean. Once passed out outside his room - he opened the door, looked down, closed it. Also renowned for his drunken conga line round the bar last Christmastime. Also known for his preference for attractive young ladies. Nice guy really!

As for formal dinners, you'll probably only have a few "formal" ones, i.e. Matric. We also had annual subject dinners in college which were meant to be black tie, but I seem to recall it ended up being a drunken mess. The formals at Sidney, certainly, have got particularly rowdy and pennying is now banned! To make up for this our outgoing JCR Pres pennied our Domestic Bursar at the Exec dinner, and he duly downed his wine. Was most amusing. Have also heard a rumour that someone pennied the Master during the Master's dinner, but as I was sitting next to her at last year's one I'd guess that's not true.
Reply 187
musicboy
Yeah, i'm common scum too. Still on a grammar purge. "Et al" is for people, "etc" is for things.

But, but, but.... common scum dont say things like that!!!! Eeeeek I'm way outa my depth!

You know what they say...

"I want to live like common people
I want to do whatever common people do, I want to sleep with common people
I want to sleep with common people like you"

:biggrin:
Reply 188
Kupo_nut
But, but, but.... common scum dont say things like that!!!! Eeeeek I'm way outa my depth!

You know what they say...

"I want to live like common people
I want to do whatever common people do, I want to sleep with common people
I want to sleep with common people like you"

:biggrin:

Common people wouldn't say that. Posh chicks from Greece say that. Didn't you listen to the song? :wink:
Faboba
Common people wouldn't say that. Posh chicks from Greece say that.

There are posh chicks in Greece?
Reply 190
Yes Faboba, it seems I didnt listen to the song hard enough or I would clearly be in agreement with you...

Kupo_nut
But, but, but.... common scum dont say things like that!!!!

Faboba
Common people wouldn't say that. Posh chicks from Greece say that. Didn't you listen to the song? :wink:

Our two points of view are practically diametrically opposed!!!
Back to the Fresher's Q&A: I know I've already asked this somewhere else, but do I have to confirm my place at Cambridge to the LEA? And if so what do I send them?
Reply 192
figgetyfig
Back to the Fresher's Q&A: I know I've already asked this somewhere else, but do I have to confirm my place at Cambridge to the LEA? And if so what do I send them?

I don't think you do...cos they send you the financial assessment form thingy. Which i then had to send a copy of to my college, so they can get the fees from my LEA.

G
The only times i've ever worn a suit were to the Cambridge interview and to funerals! Is anyone else common scum like me...

Wow, there's only one suit in our house, it's my dads and it has seen me and my brother through all the work-oppotunities training at school and my first job interview. Because there's only one it would have nbeen a bit difficult for all of us to wear it at unerals, and I didn't wear one for my cambridge interview either. Looks like I'm the scumiest person here then :biggrin: (/prowd)

Someone earlier said we probably need a suit right? Looks like I have a trip to maplins now then...
Sorry, I meant Matalan, not maplins :rolleyes: . I'm sure I could probably get a suit from maplins, but it's likly to have more pritty lights and gadgets than is acceptable for formall halls.
Reply 195
Minor_Deity
Sorry, I meant Matalan, not maplins :rolleyes: . I'm sure I could probably get a suit from maplins, but it's likly to have more pritty lights and gadgets than is acceptable for formall halls.

Thank you. I now have cola dribbling out of my nostrils :smile:
Reply 196
urgh suit...i'll have to go into town and find one....damn it i hate buying clothes!
I've got a question. I heard a rumour that undergrads aren't allowed TV's in their rooms. Is there any truth in this?
Reply 198
what are the girls supposed to wear for matriculation? i'm not planning on bringing too much formal stuff you see...do we have to wear a skirt?will a cream coloured (yet formal) one do? :rolleyes:
figgetyfig
There are posh chicks in Greece?

i always though t it said "she came from leeds, she had a thirst for knowledge"

slightly less exotic

Latest

Trending

Trending