The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mair18919
No she is very wrong

Bear in mind the remaining 73% of births were by no means all to 'white British' women, many were to ethnic minority women who were born here.

IN 2015 this statistic was published for the first time and showed that only 65.3 per cent were born to mothers who described the ethnicity of their child as 'white British'. The proportion is much lower than the 'white British' population as a whole.

This shows a picture of the future, but then you have to add in the fact of continuing non British immigration which speeds up the change substantially.

Now how do you think this will be stopped?
why bother, even if you get this person to comprehend and accept the obvious do you know what they will say. So what and spout something about race being a social construct and idiosyncratic trait lol.
Original post by Sarahsez
News flash: sometimes your own people don't accept you.

I know that (boy do I know), but this does not justify being a tool for "White genocide" bigots who hate you anyway.

Is it really necessary to take sides with bigots on either end of the spectrum?
Original post by 1inaMillion
why bother, even if you get this person to comprehend and accept the obvious do you know what they will say. So what and spout something about race being a social construct and idiosyncratic trait lol.

I don't think so. He insists the Government and people will not allow it to happen! LOL.
To me nationality is a question of culture, not race. I am utterly untroubled by the colour of people who call themselves English because that is not what Englishness is. I actually can't see the point of racial purity - it's like a policy of national incest.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/396390/Migrants-change-UK-forever-White-Britons-will-be-in-minority-by-2066

http://time.com/3934092/us-population-diversity-census/

And ofcourse , this isn't BS. Let's face it ethinic people birth rate is much much higher and the big influx of legal and illegal immigrants. It will happen soon.

What's wrong with the rise of coloured people? You didn't choose to be White, get your head out your arse.
No she is very wrong

Bear in mind the remaining 73% of births were by no means all to 'white British' women, many were to ethnic minority women who were born here.

IN 2015 this statistic was published for the first time and showed that only 65.3 per cent were born to mothers who described the ethnicity of their child as 'white British'. The proportion is much lower than the 'white British' population as a whole.

This shows a picture of the future, but then you have to add in the fact of continuing non British immigration which speeds up the change substantially.

Now how do you think this will be stopped?

You confuse whiteness and Britishness. The thread opened with this confusion - so that is hardly surprising. But of the 27% born 'out of the UK' how many of those were white/other ethnicities - we don't know.

This is why this debate often gets so confused/fractious - nobody's completely sure what they're talking about.
Original post by FinalFlash3
I'm pretty sure, within the UK at least, only 10% of the population are black or from an ethnic minority. It will inevitably grow but realistically speaking, within the world we live in today, people will be absolutely mortified when they are surrounded by people who look and come from a place different from themselves. Saddening but ultimately true.

This is why we have unofficial segregation of racial groups, the cognitive dissonance with reality is quite frightening. We have the indigonous demographics abandoning towns and cities all over the Western world, and there is a significant proportion of people refusing to accept what is. Multiracial socities are not places anyone wants to live and seldom function with cohesive social stability with black and certain Asian communities, whether you attribute it to race or not the correlation is still there staring us in the face. It's a transnational pattern that cannot be simply attributed to national identity or culture.
Reply 87
Original post by Nuba123
What's wrong with the rise of coloured people? You didn't choose to be White, get your head out your arse.

Nothing wrong with coloured people. But in the words of Liberalism supporters new hero, Angela Merkel multiculturalism has 'utterly failed' ha.
Nothing wrong with coloured people. But in the words of Liberalism supporters new hero, Angela Merkel multiculturalism has 'utterly failed' ha.

Must've been an election around that time. You notice the talk gets very tough around campaign time. Even Macron is saying the EU needs to reform or die.
Reply 89
Original post by Correctthink
Must've been an election around that time. You notice the talk gets very tough around campaign time. Even Macron is saying the EU needs to reform or die.

Dude just read the do you support gay marriage thread. That's the real issue. Completely incompatible with European values.
Original post by AmeliaLost
I don't really care. It's land. We're all part of the animal species called human. Why are some people so hung up on this?

Because they have pathetic lives and can't achieve anything to be proud of. So they need to focus on their race to reassure themselves that they aren't such losers after all.
Original post by Stychomythia
You confuse whiteness and Britishness. The thread opened with this confusion - so that is hardly surprising. But of the 27% born 'out of the UK' how many of those were white/other ethnicities - we don't know.

This is why this debate often gets so confused/fractious - nobody's completely sure what they're talking about.

I am not confused. I have been clear that I am speaking about 'white British' not 'all whites' (including other Europeans). 'White Europeans' are not part of the ethnic majority after all.

That was why I pointed out that the 1991 statistic for London was 'white' as opposed to 'white British', but as I said, at that time the numbers of non British 'whites' was rather small.

This, again, confuses ethnicity and culture. To me Englishness resides in its culture I can't see the relevance of the ethnicity.
I am not confused. I have been clear that I am speaking about 'white British' not 'all whites' (including other Europeans). 'White Europeans' are not part of the ethnic majority after all.

That was why I pointed out that the 1991 statistic for London was 'white' as opposed to 'white British', but as I said, at that time the numbers of non British 'whites' was rather small.

A fair response Mair, but you do say 'white Europeans' not 'White British' so I am unsure how your sample of responders should reply to this post. Also, what of someone who came here as, say, a German citizen (i.e. white European) but who now regards themselves as British?
This, again, confuses ethnicity and culture. To me Englishness resides in its culture I can't see the relevance of the ethnicity.

Its relevant because the two are inextricably linked. If you are brought up in say a Polish family in Britain, go to the Catholic church, speak Polish at home, attend Polish Saturday school, visit your granny in Poland every Christmas and summer, and most of your friends are Polish, then you are not going to be culturally 'English'. Sure you will absorb some aspects of English culture and won't be as 'Polish' as your cousins in Poland, youll be a mix of both.
A fair response Mair, but you do say 'white Europeans' not 'White British' so I am unsure how your sample of responders should reply to this post. Also, what of someone who came here as, say, a German citizen (i.e. white European) but who now regards themselves as British?

Of course these statistics are a bit fuzzy at the edges, the stat on baby births makes it clear they are speaking of those babies their mothers described as 'white British', so I guess your hypothetical German who 'feels' British would describe her baby as 'white British' rather than 'white other European', dont you?

I think these minor uncertainties have little impact on the reality that the 'white British' population is shrinking both as a ratio and even (though more slowly) in absolute numbers.
There's seem to be a lot of white people in this thread that are completely in denial. All you have to do is look at the last three UK censuses to see the trend in changing demographics.

White British population in England & Wales:

1991 - 93% White British

2001 - 87% White British

2011 - 80% White British

The birth rates among ethnic minorities are considerably higher compared to the birth rates among white British. For example, in 2014, over a third of babies born in the UK weren't white British (excuse the Daily Mail article). When you factor in immigration, this adds even more to rapidly increasing ethnic minority population.

It's not a matter of IF white British people become a minority, it's a matter of WHEN. The size of the white British population is declining exponentially and I personally believe that it's a great thing.

As for the the rest of Europe, you'll see very similar trends in the majority of Western European countries. They even have a name for it in France: "le grand remplacement". When it comes to America, the non-Hispanic white population is only ~63% and white people are expected to become a minority around ~2055.

I'm white myself and I honestly think it's great that "white majority" countries are becoming so diverse to the point that ethnic minorities aren't even a minority anymore. On another note, I think it definitely says a lot about how current minorities are treated when white people are so afraid of becoming the minority themselves.
Original post by NickLCFC
On another note, I think it definitely says a lot about how current minorities are treated when white people are so afraid of becoming the minority themselves.

This is the crux of it. Why does it actually matter?
Reply 98
Original post by NickLCFC
There's seem to be a lot of white people in this thread that are completely in denial. All you have to do is look at the last three UK censuses to see the trend in changing demographics.

White British population in England & Wales:

1991 - 93% White British

2001 - 87% White British

2011 - 80% White British

The birth rates among ethnic minorities are considerably higher compared to the birth rates among white British. For example, in 2014, over a third of babies born in the UK weren't white British (excuse the Daily Mail article). When you factor in immigration, this adds even more to rapidly increasing ethnic minority population.

It's not a matter of IF white British people become a minority, it's a matter of WHEN. The size of the white British population is declining exponentially and I personally believe that it's a great thing.

As for the the rest of Europe, you'll see very similar trends in the majority of Western European countries. They even have a name for it in France: "le grand remplacement". When it comes to America, the non-Hispanic white population is only ~63% and white people are expected to become a minority around ~2055.

I'm white myself and I honestly think it's great that "white majority" countries are becoming so diverse to the point that ethnic minorities aren't even a minority anymore. On another note, I think it definitely says a lot about how current minorities are treated when white people are so afraid of becoming the minority themselves.

Lol thanks to you Tony Blair.

What is your opinion on Muammar Gaddafi's quote: "We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe—without swords, without guns, without conquest—will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades."?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 99
Original post by MrDystopia
This is the crux of it. Why does it actually matter?

What's wrong with white peoples wanting to preserve themselves. Nobody has a problem with the Chinese, Japanese , blacks, Arabs wanting the same thing. White guilt but no such thing as Arab guilt etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending