The Student Room Group

Edexcel History A Level option 1F In search of the American dream

Hi,

Does anyone have any predictions for the history paper on Thursday?

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

no idea... not even gonna revise economics so i hope they dont combine civil rights and women together in one question or ill jump out the window
hi! I think the reagan source essay will be about reconomics or maybe social. Quite hard to predict the others tbh, I think (and hope) there will probably be a question about women but dunno for sure, but it would be weird for them to leave only women in the advanced information for section 3 and not have a question about them.
I really hope there is a question just on women as that is my fave topic. Yeah I also think that it maybe on social I really dont want revitalisation I feel like that's so broad
Original post by random_guy110
hi! I think the reagan source essay will be about reconomics or maybe social. Quite hard to predict the others tbh, I think (and hope) there will probably be a question about women but dunno for sure, but it would be weird for them to leave only women in the advanced information for section 3 and not have a question about them.
Anything theme 4 is a immediate no, I cant remember the facts so whatever the case won't be answering theme 4 questions.
Original post by constantheadache
no idea... not even gonna revise economics so i hope they dont combine civil rights and women together in one question or ill jump out the window
That was calmmmm way easier than I expected although no black civil rights defo would've tripped up a few people
for the minority rights q i talked about black civil rights, native american rights, hispanic rights and gay rights ? hopefully that’s fine becauee african americans we’re a minority sooooo
that paper was actually so good! even for the minority rights you could have referenced black Americans too, since they were a minority! also, the Reagan question was a godsend, literally had so much to discuss about
Original post by alevelstuden1
that paper was actually so good! even for the minority rights you could have referenced black Americans too, since they were a minority! also, the Reagan question was a godsend, literally had so much to discuss about

i had too much fun criticising extract 1 but i think i this did make me consider the extracts unevenly but it’s fine,, onto south africa !!
i had too much fun criticising extract 1 but i think i this did make me consider the extracts unevenly but it’s fine,, onto south africa !!

same with me lol! I agreed with extract 2 with passion but I did assess them in a balanced way under my established criteria
that paper was relatively easy- but even more minority rights, you could have mentioned black civil rights alongside Hispanic, native or gay right
for the minority rights q i talked about black civil rights, native american rights, hispanic rights and gay rights ? hopefully that’s fine becauee african americans we’re a minority sooooo

yep same I talked about all of those, at start I did hesitate when I was writing about African Americans but I asked my teacher if it's valid he said yes, so it's fine
Reply 12
heyy, ik it’s a year later but does anyone remember the questions/topics that came up in the 2022 paper?
Reply 13
hey we recently did the 2022 paper for our mocks
the questions were:
1. how accurate is it to say that in the years 1960-80, the campaigns for minority rights had limited success?
2. how accurate is it to say that in the years 1917-80, anti- communism was the most significant influence on the political landscape

3. how accurate is it to say that in the years 1917-80, government policies were the main force behind growing affluence?
4. how far do you agree that the position of women changed considerably during the 1917-80?

5.in light of differing interpretations, how convincing do you find the view that the Reagan presidency shaped America for the better?\

is there any chance you know any predicted topics for this year?
Original post by LBU13
heyy, ik it’s a year later but does anyone remember the questions/topics that came up in the 2022 paper?
Hey! In terms of 2023, my teachers have speculated popular culture 50 onwards, maybe something on economic influences & changing presidency as they haven’t come up in a few years if my memory is correct!

Original post by sharlz29
hey we recently did the 2022 paper for our mocks
the questions were:
1. how accurate is it to say that in the years 1960-80, the campaigns for minority rights had limited success?
2. how accurate is it to say that in the years 1917-80, anti- communism was the most significant influence on the political landscape

3. how accurate is it to say that in the years 1917-80, government policies were the main force behind growing affluence?
4. how far do you agree that the position of women changed considerably during the 1917-80?

5.in light of differing interpretations, how convincing do you find the view that the Reagan presidency shaped America for the better?\

is there any chance you know any predicted topics for this year?
Reply 15
Original post by Gcdhersrshvnikm
Hey! In terms of 2023, my teachers have speculated popular culture 50 onwards, maybe something on economic influences & changing presidency as they haven’t come up in a few years if my memory is correct!

someone on another feed posted a list of the predicted topics as well and they are :
Chapter 1: decline in confidence
Chapter 2: CRM leaders/ how CRM affected other movements
Chapter 3: Role of media and TV
Chapter 4: Poverty
Reagan: social/economics
Reply 16
someone on another feed posted a list of the predicted topics as well and they are :

Does anyone have any popular culture essays that their teachers have formulated because it has only come up once so I am not sure how to plan essays for it
Reply 17

How could the chapter 3 question be phrased in regard to the role of media and TV?
Reply 18

what’s the link for the other feed?
Original post by nadzxox
Does anyone have any popular culture essays that their teachers have formulated because it has only come up once so I am not sure how to plan essays for it
Reply 19
Original post by gev.t
what’s the link for the other feed?

pretty sure its under the actual edexcel 2023 history a level on student room

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending