The Student Room Group

Thread on PPLE in the University of Amsterdam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NayC33
Hi everyone,
Hope the offers have been coming in well for you all. I just got rejected by PPLE, but am a bit confused as to why I was. They stated that I did not meet the entry requirements, specifically they said "Your grade point average (GPA) does not meet the required minimum grade, and if applicable you still need to overcome your deficiency for mathematics and/or English.".

When I applied in October, I applied with my transcript for the whole past 4 years of my high school. The last two years have been IB and I had a predicted 5 in math standard level and a predicted 6 in english. My GPA is still now 4.07 - In total I have 34 predicted points (without the 2 extra points I also got in TOK/EE).

As a result I have been left immensely bewildered at my rejection and hope to appeal it. It was my top choice too so I intend to try again.

Is there anyway you guys can prove me wrong - and that indeed I do not meet the requirements?

I'm sure it's just a mistake on their part. Good luck!
How is everyone faring with the essay and the financial/study plans so far?
Wel
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by JamesCS1999
Well done for those who have got through to next round.what question have they given you guys?

Oops, I thought everyone got the same question :biggrin: Mine asked me to choose a global issue and explain why insights from multiple PPLE disciplines are necessary to deal with this challenge.
No
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by lilyisstressed
Oops, I thought everyone got the same question :biggrin: Mine asked me to choose a global issue and explain why insights from multiple PPLE disciplines are necessary to deal with this challenge.

Do you think we are the only two that went through to the essay stage out of everyone in this thread? You’d think everyone would say it if they got admitted..
Reply 46
No they do, was just asking to see whether this essay round had the same question as the one I did o the fast track thing

Have you got any alternatives? Or are you definitely starting PPLE next year?
Definately starting, I had Bristol in England and then Amsterdam Uni college but I’d much rather do PPLE than them, hbu is PPLE everyone’s first choice ?
Reply 48
Definately starting, I had Bristol in England and then Amsterdam Uni college but I’d much rather do PPLE than them, hbu is PPLE everyone’s first choice ?

Either PPLE in Amsterdam or IBA in Rotterdam for me, haven’t decided yet
Original post by F.E
Do you think we are the only two that went through to the essay stage out of everyone in this thread? You’d think everyone would say it if they got admitted..

I don't know.. We weren't a ton of people in the thread, maybe people are just taking a break from TSR. It's surprising to me, because I thought passing through the first round was pretty much based on just meeting the entry requirements.

Well, good luck to you and whoever else is reading this for the next rounds :smile:

I'm waiting to hear back on some UK schools. It depends which ones give me an offer, but PPLE is so unique that it's definitely in my top choices.
Original post by F.E
Either PPLE in Amsterdam or IBA in Rotterdam for me, haven’t decided yet

Ah I see, well hope to see you in september!
Reply 52
Original post by lilyisstressed
I don't know.. We weren't a ton of people in the thread, maybe people are just taking a break from TSR. It's surprising to me, because I thought passing through the first round was pretty much based on just meeting the entry requirements.

Well, good luck to you and whoever else is reading this for the next rounds :smile:

Good luck to you too!
Reply 53
Ah I see, well hope to see you in september!

Hope to see you aswell, just a bit stressed for the essay round right now hahaha
Haha ye it’s intense
Hi, I am just now finishing my application process for the second round. The essay topic will probably be different for the later applicants, or?
Reply 56
Original post by laramh97
Hi, I am just now finishing my application process for the second round. The essay topic will probably be different for the later applicants, or?

Probably, yes
Reply 57
Hi everyone, so happy to know that there's a thread for pple! I just got an interview invitation via email! Have you guys heard back from uva yet?
Reply 58
Original post by arielyk
Hi everyone, so happy to know that there's a thread for pple! I just got an interview invitation via email! Have you guys heard back from uva yet?

I have also just heard from the UvA, I’ve also made it to the interview round!
Reply 59
Original post by F.E
I have also just heard from the UvA, I’ve also made it to the interview round!

Awesome! Congratulations!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending