The Student Room Group

University decision

HI! I got offers from Huddersfield, Teeside Uni, Universities for Creative Arts for MA Illustration. I am still waiting for my decision from Nottingham Trent Uni. I would like to know which of these universities has best Illustration course. I am confused whther to go with ranking, reputation or course?
Original post by sanchez_c137
HI! I got offers from Huddersfield, Teeside Uni, Universities for Creative Arts for MA Illustration. I am still waiting for my decision from Nottingham Trent Uni. I would like to know which of these universities has best Illustration course. I am confused whther to go with ranking, reputation or course?

Hi @sanchez_c137

Thank you for considering us as an option for Postgraduate Study, and hope we may be able to help out with your decision making process.

The biggest question you should be asking yourself is "what is important about that university to me?"

In your initial thread you say you are looking for others advice on "ranking, reputation or course?" and while others advice may give you more information about which of those aspects were important to them, it may be best for you to consider what is the most important part about your degree to you- is it the university ranking? Is it what you'll learn on the course? Is it the location? Is it industry connections and contacts?

For our Illustration MA, the modules you will study are: Research Methods and Project Proposal, Creative Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Creative Studio, Professional Platforms Art and Communication and Illustration Major Project. All details here:
https://courses.hud.ac.uk/full-time/postgraduate/illustration-ma#detail

After studying within the subject area of Art and Design, a few of the careers graduates have gone on to be successful within include: Editorial - The Guardian Media Group, The Skinny; Packaging Design - Nestle Plc; Motion Design - Tilt Amsterdam; Publishing - House of Illustration; Arts Organisations - East Street Arts. In addition to this 96.4% of our postgraduate students go on to work and/or further study within fifteen months of graduating.

Let us know if you have any more questions about the course or studying with us :smile:

Lewis
Social Media and Content Officer, University of Huddersfield
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending