The Student Room Group

UvA matching exam

Hello everyone, Im just registering myself for my UvA course of economics and business economics when I came across the test you do after the matching is done. Should I be worried about the test? in the sense that I have to study really hard for it from the material provided or is it some introductory exam and therefore not that serious?
(edited 2 months ago)
Hi, Im in the same situation as you gonna do matching for the same course in April. Would love to get in contact
Reply 2
Original post by uncaring-gateway
Hi, Im in the same situation as you gonna do matching for the same course in April. Would love to get in contact
that would be great. Always helpful to have a fellow student around.
Original post by Arnav.YYYYY
Hello everyone, Im just registering myself for my UvA course of economics and business economics when I came across the test you do after the matching is done. Should I be worried about the test? in the sense that I have to study really hard for it from the material provided or is it some introductory exam and therefore not that serious?

I don't take this specific course, so I can't be certain, but I can tell you what I know from other courses.

Generally, matching is a mandatory part of the application process, but the results are not binding at all. When I did matching for my course, I just had to do some readings/watch some lectures and then take a multiple choice quiz afterwards. My end score put me in a traffic-light system (green/orange/red). This just signified whether your attainment was suitable for the course or not. But it isn't binding, so if you got scored with a red (i.e. you may not be suitable for the course) you could just totally ignore it and go ahead with studying anyway. It's just so prospective students make an informed choice about whether that study choice is for them. I would study reasonably hard for it, just so that the score is an accurate reflection of your abilities, so the matching colour actually helps you make good decisions. However, I wouldn't stress over it.

But again, double check with your study program, as some courses are 'numerus fixus' etc and have entrance exams that actually do have consequences for acceptance into the program.
Reply 4
Original post by NotBestPleased
I don't take this specific course, so I can't be certain, but I can tell you what I know from other courses.
Generally, matching is a mandatory part of the application process, but the results are not binding at all. When I did matching for my course, I just had to do some readings/watch some lectures and then take a multiple choice quiz afterwards. My end score put me in a traffic-light system (green/orange/red). This just signified whether your attainment was suitable for the course or not. But it isn't binding, so if you got scored with a red (i.e. you may not be suitable for the course) you could just totally ignore it and go ahead with studying anyway. It's just so prospective students make an informed choice about whether that study choice is for them. I would study reasonably hard for it, just so that the score is an accurate reflection of your abilities, so the matching colour actually helps you make good decisions. However, I wouldn't stress over it.
But again, double check with your study program, as some courses are 'numerus fixus' etc and have entrance exams that actually do have consequences for acceptance into the program.
Yeah exactly. I just wrapped up and got my matching result which I got the clearance for but it was exactly like what you said. Thank you for that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending