The Student Room Group

UvA research master psychology or KCL Developmemtal Psychology and Psychopathology?

I received an offer from University of Amsterdam (two-year research master in Psychology, Major in Brain and Cognition Minor in Clinical Psychlogy) and an offer from KCL (MSc Developmental Psychology and Psychopathology, one year). My goal is to go for a phd, aiming to research about the brain mechanism of OCD patients, hopefully in a top 20 university(US or UK). Regarding psychology the ranking of UvA is slightly better than KCL, but I originally applied for Major in Clinical Psychology Minor in Brain and Cognition, so I am a bit concerned about they changed my major and if it undermine my further application (ex. applying for clinical psychology phd). What do you think?
Reply 1
Is their a difference in tuition?
Also, you should seriously reconsider pursuing a PhD in US and UK -- the pay and work-life balance of PhD is better in continental Europe. If you get into UvA, you can build connections and apply for a PhD job in the same school or other European schools after your master's. I don't know whether you want to go into academia or industry, but if you goal is academia, then I will say there is not much difference between a PhD in continental Europe and a PhD in US/UK. The prospect might be different for industry jobs -- but you should consider if it's worth it to suffer that much during PhD in UK/US.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending