The Student Room Group

Student storage and movers

Can anyone recommend a good student storage and moving company? I need to store stuff for two months in Kent before going to Uni in Scotland in September.
Original post by Maspalomas
Can anyone recommend a good student storage and moving company? I need to store stuff for two months in Kent before going to Uni in Scotland in September.

I'm confused.

Do you want storage companies in Kent or in Scotland?

In both cases regardless, the internet is your best friend. :wink:
Hello!

I was really impressed with Lovespace (www.lovespace.co.uk)
It's not too expensive and very flexible (you can store as little or as much as you like).
The customer service is also really prompt and helpful.

Here's a promo code for £10 off in case you choose to go with them: STELLA10.

Aphra
Also, forgot to mention, your pick up and drop off address can be different (so long as they are both in UK).
x
Reply 4
I can recommend Three Men and A Truck. They're based out of the U.S. but they work throughout Europe too. I've used them locally a couple of times and had a good experience, plus they were cheaper than some of the other major names. Even if you're not necessarily interested in using them, they'll give you an estimate for free if you call them and tell them what you need (and they do have storage too).
Reply 5
Sorry I didn't notice the date on this when I posted. I'll leave my comment in case anyone has a similar question.

Hey!

Im from Bath and found door2door student storage really helpful. They were so nice to me, helped me carry my boxes downstairs and bring them into my new place. Their also soooo cheap! I was going to use lovespace but their storage costs are so expensive per month :s-smilie: Not sure if they re-deliver to scotland, but you could always ask :smile:

Hope this helps!

Bashful (2nd Year)
Reply 7
Original post by Aphravanhesse
Hello!

I was really impressed with Lovespace (www.lovespace.co.uk)
It's not too expensive and very flexible (you can store as little or as much as you like).
The customer service is also really prompt and helpful.

Here's a promo code for £10 off in case you choose to go with them: STELLA10.

Aphra

Yooo, just like you, I used there service when I moved to Queens too. By the way, do we have any Queeners here? I moved to an area called Astoria, which is super cool, by the way. Many young people are choosing Astoria as a place to start their families, and career-driven lads live there too, because Astoria is very near to the center of Manhattan. I was hoping perhaps anyone here would want to move to Queens too? https://expomovers.com/7-best-places-to-live-in-queens/ I want some new neighbors, though.. It's getting pretty boring here tbh
(edited 2 years ago)
I'd recommend Seven Seas Worldwide. They have units all over the UK and a great customer service team.
Reply 9
If you are moving to Edinburgh I recommend Edinburgh Removals: https://www.edinburgh-removals.net/
Used them a few times (for local and long-distance moves) and they are very professional.

Based on my experience, I suggest checking out EasyMove Services for student storage and moving services. They offer budget-friendly options and have a volume calculator tool to help plan your budget. Storing in Kent for two months before heading to Scotland sounds manageable with their services. Best of luck with your move and studies!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending