The Student Room Group

Oxford Lincoln college accomodation

Hi there!

I got an offer to read chemistry at Oxford (Lincoln college) and I was wondering if there are any Lincoln students that could help me out? I was wondering what the accommodation is like - I know you have ensuites, but what is the size of the room like? Are you allowed a minifridge / kettle / microwave in your rooms, or do you have to use the kitchen in the JCR for all that? Is it common to cook your own meals, or does everyone go to the hall for food? Do you have a lot of storage in your rooms?

Thank you!
Original post by lizzie03
Hi there!

I got an offer to read chemistry at Oxford (Lincoln college) and I was wondering if there are any Lincoln students that could help me out? I was wondering what the accommodation is like - I know you have ensuites, but what is the size of the room like? Are you allowed a minifridge / kettle / microwave in your rooms, or do you have to use the kitchen in the JCR for all that? Is it common to cook your own meals, or does everyone go to the hall for food? Do you have a lot of storage in your rooms?

Thank you!

Hi Lizzie03, did you end up going to Lincoln College? My DS has just been offered a place there and we have the exact same questions you had.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Dee12345678
Hi Lizzie03, did you end up going to Lincoln College? My DS has just been offered a place there and we have the exact same questions you had.

hi! i’m not a current student so there’s probably someone who can give a better answer, but on the lincoln college website they have a virtual tour which shows the size of one of their smaller undergraduate accommodation rooms. there is also a section on accommodation on their website, in the student life section, though i’m sure you’ve already seen this. they say that room sizes vary, and are selected by lot each year so there is no way to be sure of the exact size until you get there. as for cooking appliances, on page 12 of their alternative prospectus (https://lincolncollegejcr.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Finished-Prospectus_compressed.pdf) current lincoln students mention using both kettles and mini fridges to make their own food. i think at least having a kettle is pretty standard practice. hope this helps!!
Reply 3
Not sure if it helps, but for storage I used a storage company. There are a few different ones online but the one I used was Kit Keeper - it was really simple! Their site is https://www.kitkeeper.co.uk/ Hope that helps 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending