The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Catered accommodation

Hi, I would like to move into catered accommodation and i was just wondering do i have to move my things out of my room during the xmas and easter holidays? If so, is there anywhere I can store them, whilst I go home as there would be too much to take on a train. Thank you
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, I would like to move into catered accommodation and i was just wondering do i have to move my things out of my room during the xmas and easter holidays? If so, is there anywhere I can store them, whilst I go home as there would be too much to take on a train. Thank you

Hi anonymous, you can find information on our accommodation options here. If you use the room finder option you can search to see the different catered accommodation options and the contract lengths for each option, which will determine whether you keep access to the room over Christmas or Easter holidays. It might be worth contacting the email addresses provided for the options you are interested in to see what students usually do when moving out. It might be that you look into third party self-storage lockers in Exeter that you could rent for those time periods, but this will have a cost involved you might need to budget for. You can also access Unibuddy here, which is a platform where you can talk to some of our current students. I'm sure if you search through the list and ask our Exeter-based ambassadors you will find some that have lived in catered accommodation and found their own solution to this same question.

I hope that's helpful, but let me know if you have anymore questions.

Kingsley
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1

I have friends in the catered accommodations who didn't have to move out for this Christmas, they just couldn't stay there and obviously weren't paying for food. Not sure about in general, but it seems you don't always have to move out
This is a reply I had from the Exeter SID team when I asked the same question.
SID | SID | University of Exeter

"All students have to leave the catered residences over the christmas and easter vacations, however during christmas, students can leave a small amount of belongings in their rooms providing these are left tidy in case of maintence work being carried out during the break- we advise students to take all valuables with them.
Unfortunately, the University cannot offer students storage for belongings, but there are several private storage providers operating in and around Exeter: 
Disclaimer: this information is for reference only; these companies are in no way affiliated with the University and we cannot be held responsible for the quality of service they provide."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending