The Student Room Group

Edexcel paper 2 chem unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by glad-he-ate-her
They are technically in different hydrogen environments but the difference is insignificant and they overlap so we can consider them to be the same

so you're saying that the answer I put is right...? I know on chemguide it says the same as you've said
Original post by Hazzagriff
so you're saying that the answer I put is right...? I know on chemguide it says the same as you've said

I dont know, depends on the mark scheme, but id imagine youd lose maybe 2 out of 6 for that,provided the rest is right
Original post by MaxA2C
Anyone else convert Kpa to P so ended up getting a mass of 21,970 g for the Nitrogen/Ideal Gas Equation question?

No you forgot to times volume by 10 to the minus 3 to get it in m cubed, we all did the kpa to pa conversion
Reply 43
No you forgot to times volume by 10 to the minus 3 to get it in m cubed, we all did the kpa to pa conversion

ah damn, will that lose me just one mark or the whole thing?
Reply 44
I dont know, depends on the mark scheme, but id imagine youd lose maybe 2 out of 6 for that,provided the rest is right

There was a multiple choice question on 13C NMR where the options were 5,6,7 or 8 peaks. If the benzene are all in the same chemical environment, then that question would have less than 5 peaks as far as I remember. Btw what was your answer for that question?
Original post by AhnafR
There was a multiple choice question on 13C NMR where the options were 5,6,7 or 8 peaks. If the benzene are all in the same chemical environment, then that question would have less than 5 peaks as far as I remember. Btw what was your answer for that question?

Got 6 for the 13C one but for the proton 6 marker as the benzene is treated as one I got 5,3 and 5,2,1
Original post by AhnafR

6 i got
Reply 47
For test for Br ions was it silver nitrate and nitric acid and cream precipitate formed?
Original post by AhnafR
For test for Br ions was it silver nitrate and nitric acid and cream precipitate formed?

yeah
Reply 49
yeah

Apparently there's another one where you dissolve it in hexane and an orange layer forms?
Original post by AhnafR
Apparently there's another one where you dissolve it in hexane and an orange layer forms?

Ive heard of that as well i think but it probably wont be on ms and isnt in our syllabus
I converted everything in the idea gas equation correctly but I got 1,070,000g. I'm not really sure where i went wrong.
Reply 52
Original post by Hazzagriff
Are you definitely sure about the proton nmr? In the new spec paper 2 there's a question on completing a nmr spectrum and it gives you the benzene hydrogens as a single peak with intensity 5... For for phenylethanal I got 3 peaks 5 to 2 to 1 singlet to doublet to triplet and for phenylethanone I got 5 to 3 singlet to singlet... anyone else?

I got exactly this!
What did you put for the reason that nitrogen is bigger than oxygen. also isnt that supposed to be paper 1.
Original post by constantinwaquet
What did you put for the reason that nitrogen is bigger than oxygen. also isnt that supposed to be paper 1.

Yeah,smaller nuclear number, weaker electrostatic attraction- larger ion- is paper 1
Original post by MaxA2C
ah damn, will that lose me just one mark or the whole thing?

Probably one
how many marks was the Nitrogen mass question? i got like 0.01g somehow?? whoops
Original post by llama101
how many marks was the Nitrogen mass question? i got like 0.01g somehow?? whoops

2 or 3
Original post by emelinaw
I got around 89 kjmol-1 for the activation energy, would I lose loads of marks 😬

they have a range idk how wide it is but should get most of marks for graph and axis and working out
Reply 59
For the activation energy question I got around -7000 as my gradient and therefore got +53.97kj for my activation energy. I also got 10.11g for the mass of nitrogen using the pv=nRT. A lot of my friends got similar answers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending