The Student Room Group

C in Biology and D in Chem, while I resit could I do an intensive alevel in maths

So I got a 6 in maths at gcse (couple marks off a grade 7) and I always wanted to do A level maths but my sixth form wouldnt let me. Now that I am taking a gap year I was wondering if It would be possible for me to do an intensive alevel math course whilst studying biology and chemistry alongside. My grasp of both subjects is very good but I chose to binge anime instead of revising this year. Any thoughts? Tips and advice would be appreciated.
Original post by delocalised34
So I got a 6 in maths at gcse (couple marks off a grade 7) and I always wanted to do A level maths but my sixth form wouldnt let me. Now that I am taking a gap year I was wondering if It would be possible for me to do an intensive alevel math course whilst studying biology and chemistry alongside. My grasp of both subjects is very good but I chose to binge anime instead of revising this year. Any thoughts? Tips and advice would be appreciated.

got a 4 marks off a b in bio and a d in chem so in a similar position as you-take the alevel maths if u want and if u need it it may be difficult balancing it tho considering your doing 2 years of content in 1 alongside bio and chem-u can apply privately to an exam centre but you pay and the fees are alot higher.
Reply 2
Original post by user2928793
got a 4 marks off a b in bio and a d in chem so in a similar position as you-take the alevel maths if u want and if u need it it may be difficult balancing it tho considering your doing 2 years of content in 1 alongside bio and chem-u can apply privately to an exam centre but you pay and the fees are alot higher.

To be honest fees and tutoring arent a problem as I could find part time work on weekends to fund both, but I was also 4 marks off a B in biology too and 5 for a C in chemistry. I either apply for computer science foundation year or I apply through first year entry through clearing next year to be honest as I dont want to include it in my ucas application
(edited 8 months ago)
To be honest fees and tutoring arent a problem as I could find part time work on weekends to fund both, but I was also 4 marks off a B in biology too and 5 for a C in chemistry. I either apply for computer science foundation year or I apply through first year entry through clearing next year to be honest as I dont want to include it in my ucas application

no way? i do ocr a so im considering paying for a remark as i would rather just resit chem rather than both -what was ur 3rd alevel?
Reply 4
no way? i do ocr a so im considering paying for a remark as i would rather just resit chem rather than both -what was ur 3rd alevel?

psychology but I was 3 marks off a B so thats getting remarked, but i doubt theyd find 4 marks across 3 papers for edexcel A biology
psychology but I was 3 marks off a B so thats getting remarked, but i doubt theyd find 4 marks across 3 papers for edexcel A biology

i did psych too!! AQA tho and thats the only alevel i was happy about-have u arranged any of ur resits with ur teachers yet? tbh psych is subjective if u ask for ur papers back and disucss with your teachers what papers u could send back id do it but bio alevel is something else-im contemplating remarking or resitting bio.ocr are already harsh with their marking so idk
Reply 6
i did psych too!! AQA tho and thats the only alevel i was happy about-have u arranged any of ur resits with ur teachers yet? tbh psych is subjective if u ask for ur papers back and disucss with your teachers what papers u could send back id do it but bio alevel is something else-im contemplating remarking or resitting bio.ocr are already harsh with their marking so idk

same exam board but im just waiting for my scripts now for biology as well as psych, but i doubt they'll find those marks because there's less wiggle room in the mark scheme in edexcel too tbh
especially when resitting them would cost less than having all ur papers sent for a remark-

same exam board but im just waiting for my scripts now for biology as well as psych, but i doubt they'll find those marks because there's less wiggle room in the mark scheme in edexcel too tbh
Reply 8
especially when resitting them would cost less than having all ur papers sent for a remark-

psychology could lowkey work though , but i might as well resit bio and chem

Quick Reply

Latest