The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Enjoyable : Totally up to you. Different people enjoy different things.
Easiest : Again depends on you. My bf does both, and business has lots of coursework in (about two thirds) whereas economics has none.
Respected : Economics...i think
Reply 2
Most enjoyable : Business studies
Easist: Business Studies
Respected : Probably Economics, but i chose business studies because i'm not great at maths and business studies incorparated economics :smile:
Reply 3
yes business does seem more enjoyable for me, but i also like econ. It depends what your interested in: a firm, or the whole country. Business is probably easier.
Economics is respected a lot more, I prefer Economics and Economics is harder.
Reply 5
Most enjoyable: Economics
Easiest: Business Studies
Most respected: Economics
I've never heard anyone describe economics as hard.
Reply 7
I find Business Studies alot more interesting than econ. It is yes, a less respected a-level than economics but is also, easier :smile:
Reply 8
The West Wing
I've never heard anyone describe economics as hard.

Says the person who dropped it at GCSE before the end of the first half term. :smile:
alex_hk90
Says the person who dropped it at GCSE before the end of the first half term. :smile:

You know the reason I dropped it has nothing to do with it being incredibly hard/easy :rolleyes:
The West Wing
You know the reason I dropped it has nothing to do with it being incredibly hard/easy :rolleyes:

Maybe, but no one else does. :wink:
Reply 11
Ok so what do I pick?

Do I go for the respected Economics or the more interesting, easier Business Studies? :confused:
Well, you can't say which is more interesting from what other people say-it's all up to you. Personally, I'm finding Economics rather interesting. And pretty easy. Which it is, if you know how to pick up the marks. Though I have no idea if I'd find business studies to be more interesting or easier. Probably not that much in it. Go for Economics, at least that ticks one of the boxes before you even start :tongue:.
Reply 13
Most enjoyable probably Economics
Easiest- probably business studies
Most respected definatley Economics.

But even so it depends on the person, if you want to get in a good university though I would take Economics.

I wouldn't really call AS Economics hard especially for AQA
its quite easy to pick up marks, especially if you do all the multiple choice papers before hand because the questions repeat.
ChubbyChutton
Ok so what do I pick?

Economics.
Reply 15
pick economics seriously. I was actually going to take business studies. If i wasn't for this forum i would have probaly taken it, but people in my school tell me that there is a lot of work and it is very boring. Economics however, is very interesting, so i would advise you to take it. :smile:
Reply 16
i'm on business studies (business & journalism) 2d year. i had economics (on basic) in the first year - all i have to say is - if u don't like business and this kind of stuff u won't enjoy it no matter is it'll be business or pure economics. this both (business and economics) have a 'lil impact on each other. i didn't enjoy economic last year but i thik business can be cool :P mine your own business etc.
lol i can't believe it - "business can be cool" :| <--- i don't feel well, that's the reason sayin' this. lool :biggrin: hah
:tsr2:
ChubbyChutton
Ok so what do I pick?

Do I go for the respected Economics or the more interesting, easier Business Studies? :confused:

Economics FTW. More respected and more useful.

My teacher says: Business Studies is very easy to get a C, but very hard to get an A in. Economics is very hard to get a C in, but easier to get an A in than Business Studies.

But it is your opinion...
Reply 18
Economics it is then...

Hazuz I didnt understand a word :p:
Reply 19
I do both in 1 subject: Economics and Business (Nuffield) aka ecobus. Course is quite enjoyable but like all a-levels have ups and downs.

Latest