The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
eeeek! ok so I rang the Accommodation Office today to see if my application had been processed yet only for them to tell me that I am number 100 on a waiting list for postgrad accommodation which basically means Im not getting campus.

Anyone from around the St A's area or indeed Scotland in general who has any information/advice they can point me to? I'm coming from Ireland and I hadnt planned on arriving in St Andrews until mid Freshers week but I guess my plans are going to have to change.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 581
misslily
eeeek! ok so I rang the Accommodation Office today to see if my application had been processed yet only for them to tell me that I am number 100 on a waiting list for postgrad accommodation which basically means Im not getting campus.

Anyone from around the St A's area or indeed Scotland in general who has any information/advice they can point me to? I'm coming from Ireland and I hadnt planned on arriving in St Andrews until mid Freshers week but I guess my plans are going to have to change.

www.thesinner.net - post on the accommodation board here though it seems quite over-run with people in your situation at the moment unfortunately.
Reply 582
misslily

I noticed this on University of St Andrews Freshers 2010 Facebook page if you have any interest in it.
Peter Dyer http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=142212165808337&ref=tsHousemate needed for 2010/2011 academic session Due to unfortunate circumstances, there is now a spare room in my house which needs a new tenant. The house is 21 Sandyhill road, so only a 15 minute walk or so from the centre of town.The lease be...
August
paburns
I noticed this on University of St Andrews Freshers 2010 Facebook page if you have any interest in it.
Peter Dyer http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=142212165808337&ref=tsHousemate needed for 2010/2011 academic session Due to unfortunate circumstances, there is now a spare room in my house which needs a new tenant. The house is 21 Sandyhill road, so only a 15 minute walk or so from the centre of town.The lease be...
August

Suitable for an Undergraduate :yep: :eek3: :woo:
Has anyone else still not heard anything?
Reply 585
beautifulbubble
Has anyone else still not heard anything?

I got my welcome email today, but no I'm still waiting for accommodation.
Reply 586
Magma828
I got my welcome email today, but no I'm still waiting for accommodation.

I'm the same, for some reason my Mum is going crazy, asking me every 5 minutes if I need sheets and bedding (obviously I need to know my hall to answer this), considering I have the best part of a month left, I just tell her to STFU and chill, although not in those words :p:
Reply 587
Paul92
I'm the same, for some reason my Mum is going crazy, asking me every 5 minutes if I need sheets and bedding (obviously I need to know my hall to answer this), considering I have the best part of a month left, I just tell her to STFU and chill, although not in those words :p:

My mother keeps urging me to ring the accommodation office every day she's that manic about getting stuff ready...
Phew glad to know I'm not the only one who still hasn't heard! My mum is the same haha
Reply 589
Paul92

I spoke too soon, just got the accommodation email, gonna be in salvators :woo:

Did you register your email in that econtract thing?

Also, what does floor B mean? Will it be the next one up from the ground (2), or the next one up from the first floor (3)?
Reply 590
I have my St Andrews email address set as the one they'll send the accommodation email to - has your econtract thing updated? If so, what's it look like?
Reply 591
Oh I set mine to my other address because the St Andrews one wasn't sending/receiving mail when I registered (said it would take 3 hours).

But yeah my econtract thing updated. When I click Contracts on the left it comes up with two tables - one shows my accommodation offer and the other is just a key. I'm guessing that if you don't have an offer now it'll probably be there tomorrow evening when they process the next batch?
Reply 592
I hope so, for now I just have the key. I was just worried that it was entirely reliant on the email as my St Andrews one has also been a little bit twitchy about incoming mail. :smile:
Reply 593
Magma828
I spoke too soon, just got the accommodation email, gonna be in salvators :woo:

Did you register your email in that econtract thing?

Also, what does floor B mean? Will it be the next one up from the ground (2), or the next one up from the first floor (3)?

Hi,

I'm a fourth year living in Sallies for 2010/11. B Floor is the second floor up. If you go on the facebook group there's a floor plan so you'll get some vague sense of what it might look like. The rooms are quite nice with either a view of the front lawn or towards the sea.

- Lucia :smile:
Reply 594
John Burnet Hall here I come! Think I'm b, which I presume is second floor, 23 Days by my poor maths!
Reply 595
I got my welcome email first so I suppose that fate only dictates that I get my accommodation last :biggrin:
Reply 596
Is it correct to assume that standard shared means I'm in a double room?
Oharad
Is it correct to assume that standard shared means I'm in a double room?

Yes.
Reply 598
Not to sound presumptuous, but when sharing what is the general decorum for bringing girls/opposite sex over for sleep overs?
Reply 599
Oharad
Not to sound presumptuous, but when sharing what is the general decorum for bringing girls/opposite sex over for sleep overs?

I'd imagine that there's no code per se but rather whatever you and your roommate can agree on...:wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending