The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Should Muslim Women be Allowed to Wear the Hijab in State Schools?

Scroll to see replies

Only if everyone else can wear them.
Well frankly I dont even see a debate on this issue. It's a 'nobrainer'.
Reply 142
Your all taking this to the extreme. If she wants to wear it fine i dont see a major issue, unless it is the niqaab then i guess there are some issues.
Reply 143
Prince Rhyus

Only if everyone else can wear them.

I see no reason why not. Might actually do a bit for religious harmony.

... I'd like to own a niqab myself. As a rather broad-built 6'1 ex-rugger-bugger, I imagine I'd strike quite an imposing figure in it walking down the High Street...
L i b
I see no reason why not. Might actually do a bit for religious harmony.

... I'd like to own a niqab myself. As a rather broad-built 6'1 ex-rugger-bugger, I imagine I'd strike quite an imposing figure in it walking down the High Street...
Yes, everyone would wonder who built you, and what graveyard they robbed to do so.
Agent Smith
LOL, that reads as if you're attributing excellence in teaching to wearing a particular piece of cloth. Maybe they soak 'em in brain-enhancing juices every night or something.

Shh...just because you aren't a mod anymore doesn't mean you can leak out the Islamo-Zionist-facist-communist conspiracy. :hmmm:
Socrates
Shh...just because you aren't a mod anymore doesn't mean you can leak out the Islamo-Zionist-facist-communist conspiracy. :hmmm:
Au contraire. Finally the world will know the truth; The Protocols of the Mods of TSR is going to hit the bookshelves like a lobster on crack.
Agent Smith
Au contraire. Finally the world will know the truth; The Protocols of the Mods of TSR is going to hit the bookshelves like a lobster on crack.

*bans*
Socrates
*bans*
Hey, it's not like you've ever seen a lobster on crack.
:ninja:
Reply 150
Rusty33
Deleted by Rusty33.

I think it is SWEET that I got negged for a comment made in 2007, in 2009.
The first question is why does a person wear a headscarf? its obviously for modesty reason. For example a nun also wears a head scarf-for modesty purposes.

So should a Nun or a muslim be allowed to wear a head scarf for religious purposes i.e modesty?

Latest

Trending

Trending