The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
UniOfLife
Who are Israel to dictate to the people of Palestine who they may or may not vote for? What kind of democracy is that?

Israel are not dictating (like some of your alies that are), rather we are responding to Iran, saying that we as a state do not support organisations such as Hamas to be involved in democratic voting.

I do ask you to be careful with your words
u_dun_noe
I am suprised that Iran has even entered this thread, as it mentions the word 'democracy' in it (something which Iran has seldom idea about).
Do I have to remind Iran and all other countries that Iran's leader is an autocratic one, who's form of democracy is to 'wipe [Israel] of the map.'

The Israeli delegate will do well to bear in mind that the Iranian President is elected in a free and fair vote of all the people in Iran. The illegal Zionist entity has no right to talk of democracy. It is not Iran that oppresses 4 million people nor is it Iran that attempts to tell others whom they may or may not vote for.
Reply 22
UniOfLife
The Israeli delegate will do well to bear in mind that the Iranian President is elected in a free and fair vote of all the people in Iran. The illegal Zionist entity has no right to talk of democracy. It is not Iran that oppresses 4 million people nor is it Iran that attempts to tell others whom they may or may not vote for.

Free and fair. Is free and fair where women are treated like inferior scum and beaten to death over pity matters???

When have israel told anyone to vote for someone, by techniques of attempting to kill at gun point.
Reply 23
blue bubbles
OOC- In the same instance Australia has a mandatory voting law so is it still a democracy when the voters are forced to vote to maintain "democracy"?

OOC- tbh no government is an actual democracy, the majority are simply elected dictatorships, in that we elect some person or movement democractically to govern as a dictatorship with various checks and balances that often come in the form of a constitution to prevent it becoming a non-elected dictatorship. As such you can call Australia a 'democracy' in the political sense, despite the fact that you may not consider it democratic in the literal sense.
Reply 24
u_dun_noe
Free and fair. Is free and fair where women are treated like inferior scum and beaten to death over pity matters???

When have israel told anyone to vote for someone, by techniques of attempting to kill at gun point.

Syria would like the Israeli delegate to substantiate its claim and refrain from making sweeping allegations, remembering that it is acting in a diplomatic fashion on the international stage.

Failure to substantiate will result in serious condemnation.
u_dun_noe

Iran is appalled at the gross lies and hate from the Israeli delegate. He would do well to remember where he is.

Every citizen of Iran (including women) has the right to vote.

Israel refuses to accept the democratically elected government of Palestine because that government is not one Israel wants. That, as far as Iran is concerned, is tantamount to telling the Palestinians who they can vote for. If Israel had their way they would tell the Palestinians to vote again, and again until they voted for the people Israel deems acceptable. That is a mockery of democracy.
Reply 26
The Ukraine is appaled and condemns this cowardly attempt to destabilise the nation of pakistan and undermine calls for democracy in the country.
Reply 27
(NB: I am speaking on behalf of myself )the Israeli delegate admits that he is not acting in a diplomatic manner and would hence, like to apologize. (Bare with me guys, it's only my 1st day, even though it was an exiting one!!)

(In defence of Israel and in response to syria)my evidence comes from a women called Brigitte Gabriel. Gabriel is an arab news anchor for world news. Gabriel, born and raised in lebanon, did mention once to an American pastor named John hagee that 'women have no rights even in a regular islamic society. Let's not talk about radical islam.'
She went on to say that, 'A-thirteen-year-old child is slaughtered by her father or her brother simply because she has been raped by a family member. Her family honor is soiled because she is supposed to be a virgin. It's horrible. And then the male family members kill the female member out in public-and there's no punishment.'

The whole conversation can be found in a book called jerusalem countdown.

The main thing is that I am more than positive that the things mentione do indeed contradict the universal declaration of human rights.
[ooc]u-dun_noe was that whole post out of character? [/ooc]
Reply 29
Cuba is disgusted by this attack
Reply 30
UniOfLife
u-dun_noe was that whole post out of character?

The post is not out of character, but the Israeli delegate appreciates the delicacy of such a matter; the assasination of a polictical leader to possibly create a statement. Besides, we must all learn to keep our cool and still have respect when responding to one's query.
First of all sincere apologies for my prolonged absence....I was not in the best of health recently.

As the Pakistan rep, I strongly condemn this cowardly act against a great representative of democracy, and assure that we will leave no stone unturned in finding the culprits and taking the strongest punitive action possible. We also assure that there is absolutely no involvement of the Pakistan government in this, and it is a plot to destabilise pakistan and demoralise us from our efforts in the war against terrorism.

Latest

Trending

Trending