The Student Room Group

A level further maths self study ?

Hi there, I was wondering if it’s possible to self study A level further, the exam board for which I will be sitting in my exams is the Cambridge international examinations.

Is it possible provided you have all the notes, a single textbook covering the whole sylabbus of the subject including all mechanics, pure and stats modules. Also, I’m willing to work like hell and invest huge amount of time everyday.
Original post by Muzzymohsin
Hi there, I was wondering if it’s possible to self study A level further, the exam board for which I will be sitting in my exams is the Cambridge international examinations.

Is it possible provided you have all the notes, a single textbook covering the whole sylabbus of the subject including all mechanics, pure and stats modules. Also, I’m willing to work like hell and invest huge amount of time everyday.

It's definitely possible, though just make sure you are aware of any reforms to the exams, which i'm sure you will be given your already doing maths. It seems like you have the resources covered but past papers will be the best thing to use even as a self teaching tool.

Has your college agreeed for you to enter the FM exams? Or will you be a private candidate?

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest