The Student Room Group

somebody help.

Well I have a problem that I feel like is eating me up. So I'm a Year 1 student and the A- Levels I'm Studying Economics Social Science, Biology and Mathematics. My friend don't do the same subjects nothing along the lines either.

Anyways I feel like a right loser at the moment and I don't want this to lead on and make me depressed... Basically so far we've had alot of tests in our subjects. People are managing to get really high grades and on the other hand I'm averaging at a D...ive even got Us, I got Ds, Cs - once I managed to scrape a B. It's really really sad because I'm supposed to be getting Bs and everytime I don't they pull me up.

They tell me I'm not working hard enough, they tell me if I don't then I'm not worthy of my seat. See the reason it's sad is because I'm trying... Im putting the effort in but im finding it hard to adjust - it's only been 2 months. Honestly Im crying because of the pressure - generally I'm an optimistic person - My ambitions are to get grade As and A*s and go to the top Universitys (after Oxbridge)... I feel like my ambitions get weaker and crushed everytime I get those grades. I feel like the teachers have lost faith in me, and soon enough they'll probably predict me Bs & Cs for my predicted grades leaving my dreams as a dream. I'll be honest, I'm probably seen as the most dumbest in the Class. I feel so *****y it's unbelievable - I got GCSE grades that everyone is really impressed with but what's the point If I can't do well in A LEVELS.

I feel like it's time... Maybe I need time to get used to it - my goal is to change everything from day one of 2018, but then I think what if it's too late. Im working and working, I don't get time to do the things I want to and then there's people winging it. I feel like I can do exceptionally well... But one teacher told me that It's not a fairyland. Everyone's lost trust in me, teachers and soon enough family. I just don't want it to be myself. I was so so so motivated to do well for the Mocks but I already got one grade - D. Ive probably got similar grades and U in the rest. There's no motivation left...

Regarding this topic and issue I've found no one relatable. It breaks my heart... It's like it's just grades but at the same time it's my future...I don't know what to do

I feel so alone.
I was the same as you in the beginning, especially with Biology. I think the highest I ever got in a class test was a D. I came out with a B overall. Those little tests mean nothing, just keep putting in the effort. The only thing that matters is your summer exams. You'll be fine, you can do it.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
I was the same as you in the beginning, especially with Biology. I think the highest I ever got in a class test was a D. I came out with a B overall. Those little tests mean nothing, just keep putting in the effort. The only thing that matters is your summer exams. You'll be fine, you can do it.

Wow, thank you for that...it's like a spark of hope. Do you mind if I asked what other subjects you were taking?
Original post by lostplot
Wow, thank you for that...it's like a spark of hope. Do you mind if I asked what other subjects you were taking?

Geography and psychology.

I'm glad I could help. Just keep practicing and believe me, you will be okay.
I've been in the exact same position as well. I know this may not help, but it's another perspective for you. I failed my As levels with all of them at the astonishing result of a U. I was so terrified, but, honestly thanks to failing something I originally thought I loved, I found what I truly loved! I did a BTEC, and whatever your opinions are on them, they aren't exactly easier, just more practical, and that's what worked for me. I'm certain you will do well in the end, but, if you don't, just know that there are other ways to achieve your dreams. I hoped thus helped you worry a little less! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by DrawTheLine
Geography and psychology.

I'm glad I could help. Just keep practicing and believe me, you will be okay.

Thank You! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by WruceBillis13
I've been in the exact same position as well. I know this may not help, but it's another perspective for you. I failed my As levels with all of them at the astonishing result of a U. I was so terrified, but, honestly thanks to failing something I originally thought I loved, I found what I truly loved! I did a BTEC, and whatever your opinions are on them, they aren't exactly easier, just more practical, and that's what worked for me. I'm certain you will do well in the end, but, if you don't, just know that there are other ways to achieve your dreams. I hoped thus helped you worry a little less! :smile:

Ahh I see...Perspective is a key factor, Im glad it all worked out for you! Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest