The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

What if I miss the grades for my offer to Newcastle?

I've made Newcastle my firm choice to study Economics, and I've been given a contextual offer of ABB.
I'm getting a bit nervous that I might not achieve a B in one of my subjects, would I still be accepted with ABC? Yet I feel like I may be able to hopefully achieve an A* in one of them, so would A*BC be enough to get in?
If any of you have had a similar experience in the past please let me know!
Thank you.
They might, but they won’t know until they review the results of other offer holders.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
They might, but they won’t know until they review the results of other offer holders.
So is it more or less dependent on available spaces? And would it be more likely for somebody with, for example, AAB to be accepted if they don't have a contextual offer (the course is AAA originally), as opposed to somebody with a contextual offer and 1 grade below that?
Original post by pure-collar
I've made Newcastle my firm choice to study Economics, and I've been given a contextual offer of ABB.
I'm getting a bit nervous that I might not achieve a B in one of my subjects, would I still be accepted with ABC? Yet I feel like I may be able to hopefully achieve an A* in one of them, so would A*BC be enough to get in?
If any of you have had a similar experience in the past please let me know!
Thank you.

Hi pure-collar

If, when your A level results are released, you do not quite meet your offer conditions, we will consider you a ‘near-miss’ applicant. In this scenario, all applicants who met their offer conditions would receive their place. For any places we have left over, we will reconsider all ‘near-miss’ applicants and look to place the most promising applicants.

Hope this helps :smile:

Elliott
Original post by pure-collar
So is it more or less dependent on available spaces? And would it be more likely for somebody with, for example, AAB to be accepted if they don't have a contextual offer (the course is AAA originally), as opposed to somebody with a contextual offer and 1 grade below that?

As above, yes to the first part.

Second Q: Probably considered the same, but it is up to Newcastle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending