The Student Room Group

I like a boy and I dunno if he likes me back or if I’m looking too far into things!

There is a boy who goes to my college (let’s call him M). I have liked M for a while now, and i would like to think I am discreet when I like someone. I mean my friend didn’t really realise and she usually notices every time I like somebody. I do feel like I stare/glance at M often but nobody realises I don’t think. M is in my form too, so I cross paths with him quite a lot. However, recently I have realised whenever I try to sneak a glance at M, he is either already looking at me or he looks at me right as I look. I thought I was being crazy but I was sat with my friends at lunchtime and M came to the water tap with his friends, which was behind our table, to fill his water up. I didn’t notice it was him, and when I looked up he was less than a foot away staring right at me. I could feel the what of a stare for a bit before I looked so I feel he may have been looking whilst his friends were busy. Now I’m confused; is M just staring at me and it’s no big deal; has he realised I like him and doesn’t reciprocate any feeling; does he kind of like me and me staring at him has encouraged it. Oh and also, I feel like I should add that he is really good looking and goes to the gym, which makes me think I couldn’t ever in a million years be his type, especially since we have known each other since secondary school.
Someone help me pls xx
(edited 3 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Muscles, curly messy blond hair and going to the gym aren't reasons to be really interested in a guy. How's his personality and would he be compatible with you?
Reply 2
i think u should start a conversation with him and get to know eachother
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
Muscles, curly messy blond hair and going to the gym aren't reasons to be really interested in a guy. How's his personality and would he be compatible with you?

like I said I’ve known him throughout secondary school and he’s always been fine with me in the sense of we could have genuine chats, where he wasn’t just doing it for a laugh unlike some of the other boys in our year. But obviously someone good looking is far more likely to like somebody better looking than me cos they will know their own worth, hence why I said he probably wouldn’t like someone like me x
Reply 4
Original post by kiesha8790
i think u should start a conversation with him and get to know eachother

Tbf I know him from secondary as we had some of the same lessons together and he was generally quite sound to chat to. I am just scared that if I try to talk to him he may get the wrong idea if he doesn’t feel the same way and it would be awkward. Not like we’re friends or anything, but he was one of the okay lads in my year who I could actually have a genuine conversation with! (Cos I took a subject in secondary in a class full of rowdy boys, but he was in it😂) xx
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia

His personality is quite similar to mine Tbf, before college he defos wasn’t the loudest voice in the room, or the type to mess on in class that much. He is maybe slightly more popular in college but Tbf he’s changed so much so idk! I’d imagine he’s mainly the same tho, he seems that way anyways x
Reply 6
Original post by Unknown23!
Tbf I know him from secondary as we had some of the same lessons together and he was generally quite sound to chat to. I am just scared that if I try to talk to him he may get the wrong idea if he doesn’t feel the same way and it would be awkward. Not like we’re friends or anything, but he was one of the okay lads in my year who I could actually have a genuine conversation with! (Cos I took a subject in secondary in a class full of rowdy boys, but he was in it😂) xx

ok well then best of luck and i understand i have a similar problem with a boy i like too
Reply 7
ok well then best of luck and i understand i have a similar problem with a boy i like too

I knowwww it’s so difficult sometimes isn’t it! I wish I had the courage to speak to him but I literally cannot bring myself to! 😭 Xx
Reply 8
I knowwww it’s so difficult sometimes isn’t it! I wish I had the courage to speak to him but I literally cannot bring myself to! 😭 Xx

same i want to go up to him but i find it so hard to say a word towards him
Reply 9
same i want to go up to him but i find it so hard to say a word towards him

Aaa I know! It’s such a sticky situation. I told my friend today (who usually realises every thing) and she said she was gonna say to me that she has caught him looking at me a couple times and she was wondering why he was 😭 I acc cannot with this!
Aaa I know! It’s such a sticky situation. I told my friend today (who usually realises every thing) and she said she was gonna say to me that she has caught him looking at me a couple times and she was wondering why he was 😭 I acc cannot with this!

omg that ´ s a good sign i like it when u like someone and they look at you and it´s the best feeling tho ngl i make eye contact with my crush and it give me so much butterflies.
Reply 11
omg that ´ s a good sign i like it when u like someone and they look at you and it´s the best feeling tho ngl i make eye contact with my crush and it give me so much butterflies.

I know I agree with this so much. I thought I was being delulu thinking he was looking at me but when my friend mentioned it I was like aaaaa. I am literally so shy to make the first move tho, so I just hope something happens soon cos I acc cannot deal with the suspense 😆Xx
Can you talk to him online or something first, you might get a better understanding of what he actually wants/thinks without exposing your own feelings too much
There is a boy who goes to my college (let’s call him J). I have liked J for a while now, and i would like to think I am discreet when I like someone. I mean my friend didn’t really realise and she usually notices every time I like somebody. I do feel like I stare/glance at J often but nobody realises I don’t think. J is in my form too, so I cross paths with him quite a lot. However, recently I have realised whenever I try to sneak a glance at J, he is either already looking at me or he looks at me right as I look. I thought I was being crazy but I was sat with my friends at lunchtime and J came to the water tap with his friends, which was behind our table, to fill his water up. I didn’t notice it was him, and when I looked up he was less than a foot away staring right at me. I could feel the what of a stare for a bit before I looked so I feel he may have been looking whilst his friends were busy. Now I’m confused; is J just staring at me and it’s no big deal; has he realised I like him and doesn’t reciprocate any feeling; does he kind of like me and me staring at him has encouraged it. Oh and also, I feel like I should add that J is gorgeous! He is so muscular because he goes to the gym often, and he has curly messy blond hair. I don’t think i could ever in a million years be his type, especially since we have known each other since secondary school.
Someone help me pls xx

If he looks at you often then he defo likes you
Does he do any other things like mess with his hair often, joke with you, talk loudly when you’re around?
Do you notice a change in behaviour of his friends when you go near them, usually a teasing smile but anything really?
Original post by Surnia

The last thing you read doesn’t define the whole paragraph
She was asking for help not for you to discipline her on why she should be interested in a guy
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous #2
The last thing you read doesn’t define the whole paragraph
She was asking for help not for you to discipline her on why she should be interested in a guy

❤️ this is true x
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous #2
If he looks at you often then he defo likes you
Does he do any other things like mess with his hair often, joke with you, talk loudly when you’re around?
Do you notice a change in behaviour of his friends when you go near them, usually a teasing smile but anything really?

Yes he does those things often. My friends have picked up on it too and asked if he speaks to me. I’m on break atm but He tried to start a convo last week, at an event. Although any attempt I have made at contact since he has ignored. His mixed messages are driving me crazy
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous #1
Can you talk to him online or something first, you might get a better understanding of what he actually wants/thinks without exposing your own feelings too much

This is a good idea, I should try requesting his socials, but I feel this would be awkward also haha x
Original post by Surnia

I always see u in every single thread, u always try to make someone believe that their crush doesn’t like them. You always make a person feel that their crush doesn’t like them back. Please don’t listen to them it’s possible that he likes u
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous #3
I always see u in every single thread, u always try to make someone believe that their crush doesn’t like them. You always make a person feel that their crush doesn’t like them back. Please don’t listen to them it’s possible that he likes u

Isn't that what a crush usually is, though, a one-sided situation? A lot of threads on here are from people who know nothing about their crush, so I'm asking what makes a person likeable. There's more to attraction than looks, be it faces or glances. Personality is what makes people compatible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending