The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

At Oxford Brookes, in accommodation is a water softener used?

I am hopefully going to Oxford Brookes uni and getting either ensuite or studio. I was wondering if unis make sure water is softened. My hair always goes super greasy and gross when I wash it in unsoftened water and because of my disability I struggle to wash my hair a lot due to the time it takes and can't put in dry shampoo so if I can reduce the greasy hair then that's great 👌🏻
Original post by paytontayylor
I am hopefully going to Oxford Brookes uni and getting either ensuite or studio. I was wondering if unis make sure water is softened. My hair always goes super greasy and gross when I wash it in unsoftened water and because of my disability I struggle to wash my hair a lot due to the time it takes and can't put in dry shampoo so if I can reduce the greasy hair then that's great 👌🏻

In the other thread for the same thing, someone told you that Oxford is a hard water area
It is very unlikely that they will fit water softeners as it’s probably an unnecessary expense
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by paytontayylor

Hi Payton,

Thank you for your query! We've looked into it and the city of Oxford is, in fact, a hard water area and our accommodations do not use water softeners. We hope we've been of help!

Kind regards,

Abigail J.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending