The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow Accommodation - Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Siren_2
It is probably me just being lazy but can't seem to use the map at the moment - looking for accommodation that would be close to the philosophy and/or business school? En-suite ideally?

Hi @Siren_2, both the Business School and the Philosophy department are on the main Gillmorehill campus so the majority of our residences are within 20/25 minutes walk. If you check out our website you'll find our residence profiles which have location information, images and prices etc - www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/accommodation/.

Hope this helps but if you have any more questions just ket us know.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Y'all, wtf is this price jump?
Reply 342
I've put UofG as my firm, but I am not absolutely sure I'll get the grades I need to meet my offer. Despite this I've applied for accommodation, so my question is: Will I get an accommodation offer back before results day and if I do will I have to pay the £600 prepayment before results day too? Also, would I get the £600 back if I don't get in?
Hi @Twylaish

Thanks for your message and apologies for the delay responding. Don't worry, we won't send you an offer of accommodation until you meet your conditions of study so you won't have to sign your contract or make a prepayment until you know that you are definitely coming.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Original post by Twylaish
I've put UofG as my firm, but I am not absolutely sure I'll get the grades I need to meet my offer. Despite this I've applied for accommodation, so my question is: Will I get an accommodation offer back before results day and if I do will I have to pay the £600 prepayment before results day too? Also, would I get the £600 back if I don't get in?
Reply 344
Original post by University of Glasgow Accommodation
Hi @Twylaish

Thanks for your message and apologies for the delay responding. Don't worry, we won't send you an offer of accommodation until you meet your conditions of study so you won't have to sign your contract or make a prepayment until you know that you are definitely coming.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services

Thankyou for your reply. That’s great.
In my accommodation contract it states that I need to register with a local doctor, however I am currently waiting on a referral with my home gp. Is there any way that I would be allowed to stick my home gp so that I don’t need to be re-referred and go back on the waiting list?
Hi @MelodicRiver

Thank you for getting in touch. It would definitely be best if you spoke to your own GP about the status of your referral before you register with a new doctor. I don't think that signing up with a Glasgow GP should affect your consultations with your home GP but it would be best just to confirm and make sure your space on the waiting list isn't affected.

Most students tend to register with GPs after they have arrived in September so there's still plenty of time to get sorted. For more info on registering with a GP you can also check out out UofGLiving article - https://www.uofgliving.co.uk/registering-with-a-doctor_55035.

Hope this helps but if you any further questions just let us know😀

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services

Original post by MelodicRiver
In my accommodation contract it states that I need to register with a local doctor, however I am currently waiting on a referral with my home gp. Is there any way that I would be allowed to stick my home gp so that I don’t need to be re-referred and go back on the waiting list?
Hi, I was wondering since I will be arriving Glasgow mid September, and I believe I should collect my keys at Sept 8, who should I contact (so I can collect my keys at a later date)? I have applied and have an accommodation contract with Kelvin Court. Also, I was wondering if there are any regular flat inspections? Is my presence required during flat inspection? Thank you!
Reply 348
Just a separate question, how long is there to accept accommodation offers?
Reply 349
Hi,

I got an offer of a place at Murano street yesterday and have confirmed/paid pre-payment - when will I know if that's for a 5 bed or large flat?

On the videos on the website it says that all beds are doubles but some show images of singles. Are they all double?

And it says bedding is included. What does that mean? Duvet? Pillow(s)? Sheet(s)? Duvet cover(s)?

Many thanks for any advice that would help me shop now before I get there.
Reply 350
Oh also, at Murano, are the hobs induction? (Or can I take cheap pans?)
Original post by dopingfluffballs
Hi, I was wondering since I will be arriving Glasgow mid September, and I believe I should collect my keys at Sept 8, who should I contact (so I can collect my keys at a later date)? I have applied and have an accommodation contract with Kelvin Court. Also, I was wondering if there are any regular flat inspections? Is my presence required during flat inspection? Thank you!

This is clearly time for you to read your arrival information issued by your Uni, accommodation contract or contact their accommodation team directly.

I worked in student accommodation roles and estimate that over 50% of customer service contacts were made by students who didn't read pertinent emails, wouldn't read information published on our Internet site or couldn't be bothered to read the terms of their contract.

At this time of year, every student accommodation office in the UK is being bombarded.
Original post by dopingfluffballs

Hi @dopingfluffballs,

Thanks for your message. Arriving in mid-September shouldn’t be a problem. If you could let us know when you are planning to arrive by emailing us at [email protected] or by sending us a DM on here we’ll make a note of that on your account. Please be aware that accommodation fees are charged from the contract start date (8 September) and not the eventual date of arrival.

We do indeed have flat inspections in the residences! They are usually twice a year and you’ll be notified well in advance so you can decide whether you wish to be present or not.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Original post by J.W.O
Just a separate question, how long is there to accept accommodation offers?

Hi @J.W.O

You usually have around three days to accept your offer👍

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Original post by Sphagnum
Hi,

I got an offer of a place at Murano street yesterday and have confirmed/paid pre-payment - when will I know if that's for a 5 bed or large flat?

On the videos on the website it says that all beds are doubles but some show images of singles. Are they all double?

And it says bedding is included. What does that mean? Duvet? Pillow(s)? Sheet(s)? Duvet cover(s)?

Many thanks for any advice that would help me shop now before I get there.

Hi @Sphagnum

Thanks for getting in touch. It should tell you the flat size on your contract. If you have a 5 person flat, the contract will say Murano Street Flats. If it is a large flat is will say Murano Street Large Flat.

At Murano Street, all the beds are small double (3/4 size). Your bedding pack will include a mattress protector, sheet, duvet and cover, pillow and pillow case. The hobs at Murano Street are solid plate electric.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Original post by Anonymous
This is clearly time for you to read your arrival information issued by your Uni, accommodation contract or contact their accommodation team directly.

I worked in student accommodation roles and estimate that over 50% of customer service contacts were made by students who didn't read pertinent emails, wouldn't read information published on our Internet site or couldn't be bothered to read the terms of their contract.

At this time of year, every student accommodation office in the UK is being bombarded.

Hi Anonymous #23,

Thank you for your message. Yes, we are incredibly busy at this time of year but we'll always do our best to answer all enquiries😀

We do indeed have lots of information available on the Accommodation Services website and on our UofGLiving page so it's always worth checking there to see if your question has already been answered.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending