The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow Accommodation - Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Hi, my wife has accepted an offer to do Phd. My concern is that I am unclear about spouses living in private student accommodations. Is it allowable? There seems to be a lack of clarity there.. Forgive me if I sound foolish. Is there any extra charges if its allowable?Her concern is to have either university or private accommodation as close as possible to the Business School.Thanks.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by Hafiz Z.
Hi, my wife has accepted an offer to do Phd. My concern is that I am unclear about spouses living in private student accommodations. Is it allowable? There seems to be a lack of clarity there.. Forgive me if I sound foolish. Is there any extra charges if its allowable?Her concern is to have either university or private accommodation as close as possible to the Business School.Thanks.

Hi there, I work in private accommodation and for our studio rooms dual occupancy is no extra charge so you'd be welcome to live with your spouse. I would just check with the individual provider.

Thanks,

Lilith
Hi Lilith, thanks for replying. Even if the spouse is a non-student?

Hi @Hafiz Z.,

Yes, the University has a number of one, two and three-bed flats available exclusively for students who will be coming with their families so that wouldn’t be a problem. For a list of what we have available and the costs please visit our Family Accommodation web page.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Hi Alexander, thanks for replying. Am I able to install cable TV ie. Sky & bring my own TV?

I will check this for you. :smile:
Hi Alexander, thanks for replying. Am I able to install cable TV ie. Sky & bring my own TV?

Hi @Hafiz Z.,

No problem at all. Yes, you can definitely bring your own TV. Unfortunately, there wouldn’t be any way of accessing Sky TV in the flats but there is an excellent Wi-Fi service so many students tend just to watch their television shows online.

Remember to get a TV licence though! - https://bit.ly/2wLpomL

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Original post by BridgeHouseGlasgow
I will check this for you. :smile:

Hiya, yes - except you would be eligible for council tax.
Thanks Alexander. See you in September.
Thanks Lilith, got that.
Thanks Alexander. See you in September.

No problem at all Hafiz. See you in September:smile:

Best wishes,

Alexander
Hi Lilith, I've checked and Bridge House studios are unavailable. However, Woodside studios are still available.

Could someone from Woodside can confirm that they will allow a non-student spouse in their accommodation?

(since both accommodation are under Fresh Student Living)
Hi Lilith, I've checked and Bridge House studios are unavailable. However, Woodside studios are still available.

Could someone from Woodside can confirm that they will allow a non-student spouse in their accommodation?

(since both accommodation are under Fresh Student Living)

Hi there,

Yes both our studios are sold out unfortunately. Of course - email [email protected] and they'll be able to help you. :smile:
Thanks Lilith, you've been a great help. :smile: I will get in touch with them.
Anybody know when the official accommodation offers will be going out please?
Original post by Cognacproperty

Hi @Cognacproperty

We're hoping that the offers should be ready to go out very shortly so please bear with us and we will get it to you as soon as possible.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Thanks Lilith, you've been a great help. :smile: I will get in touch with them.

No problem at all. Email me at [email protected] if you have any further questions. :smile:
Original post by University of Glasgow Accommodation
Hi @Cognacproperty

We're hoping that the offers should be ready to go out very shortly so please bear with us and we will get it to you as soon as possible.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services

Hi Alexander, thanks for the reply, any news yet?
Hi Alexander, thanks for the reply, any news yet?

Hi @Cognacproperty

Yes, we're hoping to start sending out the offers at some point this week so keep an eye on your emails and we’ll hopefully be back in touch very soon:smile:

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Reply 59
Hi,
I've just received my offer for accommodation for Student Apartments, but I can't figure out the difference between houses and flats? They're listed on the UoG website, and one says it supplies cutlery. Is there a way I can tell from my offer which it is?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending