The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow Accommodation - Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BCariou
Hi,
I've just received my offer for accommodation for Student Apartments, but I can't figure out the difference between houses and flats? They're listed on the UoG website, and one says it supplies cutlery. Is there a way I can tell from my offer which it is?

Hi @BCariou

Thanks for your message. Yes, unfortunately your offer might not specify which one you have been allocated to. We’ll be happy to let you know which one you’ve got though so either send us an email to [email protected] or give us a call on 0141 330 4743 and we can let you know.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Hey there!

I'm an eu student and I got accepted this week (had a conditional offer and got my results~) and may I ask when will I get an email about the accommodation? Not trying to hurry anyone, I'm just interested because it'd be nice knowing it as soon as possible because I'll have to get the plane tickets and etc, thanks for your answer c:
Hi @suga(r)

Well done getting your results:smile: We’re working through the allocations at the moment so we would hope to have your offer sent out within the next week or so.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Reply 63
And is accommodation only available to students in their first year of study? Or is it possible to commute for the first year and gain accommodation in the second year?
Original post by a053
And is accommodation only available to students in their first year of study? Or is it possible to commute for the first year and gain accommodation in the second year?

Hi @a053,

Unfortunately we cannot guarantee accommodation for returning students as we have to give priority to students who are new to the University and Glasgow. If spaces do become available during the allocations process we should be able to offer them to returners so it would definitely be advisable to get an application in early and we can let you know once we have a better idea of numbers and availability.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Original post by a053

Hi,

Just thought we'd chirp up as we offer student accommodation for all students, literally a stone's throw away from University of Glasgow. Take a look at our Gibson Street property and find out more about living with Student Roost.

https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/glasgow/accommodation/gibson-street

Get in touch if you'd like to arrange a tour or go ahead with your booking online. We'd love you to stay!
Hi, I'll be hopefully going to the university of Glasgow this September and moving in together with my boyfriend, but we've had a hard time finding a nice place in the location for 2, but there's plenty for 3 people and even 4. So what I'm asking is, Is anyone looking to share a flat with a couple? Far shoot, but I reckon it's worth a try.
Hi, I'm an EU student and my conditional offer became an unconditional offer about two weeks ago and I still haven't received an offer for an accomodation. I'm sorry to bother but I wanted to ask If you know when the offers will be sent. Thank you
Original post by chiarapmb
Hi, I'm an EU student and my conditional offer became an unconditional offer about two weeks ago and I still haven't received an offer for an accomodation. I'm sorry to bother but I wanted to ask If you know when the offers will be sent. Thank you

Hi @chiarapmb

Apologies for the delay in responding. We’re working through the allocations at the moment so you should receive your offer within the next week or so.

If you have any concerns about your application and would like to discuss your offer further please get in touch with us. We can be reached via email at [email protected] or by phone on 0141 330 4743.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Reply 69
Original post by University of Glasgow Accommodation
Hi @a053

Yes, if you were to collect your keys and move in to your residence you would be liable for the full years fees so it would be best to consider whether staying in accommodation is something that is right for you before taking on the contract.

There is a way where, if you found another University of Glasgow student of the same gender and year of study who was not already in accommodation, you could transfer the contract but this would be risky as you would be relying on finding a suitable replacement.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services

And upon accepting my offer of accommodation, what are my cancellation rights? As in, do I receive my deposit back if I cancel within 14 days, is that correct? And how would you go about cancelling?
Reply 70
Hi ,I am doing engineering this september and I was wondering which is the best accommodation to pick. *
Original post by a053
And upon accepting my offer of accommodation, what are my cancellation rights? As in, do I receive my deposit back if I cancel within 14 days, is that correct? And how would you go about cancelling?

Hi @a053

Yes, if you cancelled within 14 days of accepting your offer you would receive your prepayment back. If you would like to cancel just send us an email confirming that to [email protected].

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Original post by tstar18
Hi ,I am doing engineering this september and I was wondering which is the best accommodation to pick. *

Hi @tstar18

Well done getting in to Engineering:smile: It would really just depend on which residences you like the look of. Most of our halls are within 20 minutes’ walk of the main University campus and are also close to good transport links so getting around shouldn’t be an issue. Pricing is also the same across the halls so you would just need to consider what each residence has on offer and if it suits your requirements. For more information on all of our residences please see the links below and hopefully this will help in your decision.

Self-catered residences

Catered residence

If you would like to see more images of the residences, including 3D images of bedrooms, you can also check out our Flickr page.

Hope this helps but if you have any other questions please let us know.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Original post by shialabeouf
Hi, I'll be hopefully going to the university of Glasgow this September and moving in together with my boyfriend, but we've had a hard time finding a nice place in the location for 2, but there's plenty for 3 people and even 4. So what I'm asking is, Is anyone looking to share a flat with a couple? Far shoot, but I reckon it's worth a try.

Hi, not sure whether you've already booked your accommodation but have you considered Student Roost in Glasgow? We offer dual occupancy in many of our studios, so you'd be able to share a room but also split the rent (which already includes WiFi and all bills!).

Get in touch if you'd like to book, rooms are filling fast!
Hello, I was just wondering if the rooms within Kelvinhaugh Gate halls are allocated on a first come first served basis, or whether the rooms are allocated randomly?
Original post by yoyoyo224466
Hello, I was just wondering if the rooms within Kelvinhaugh Gate halls are allocated on a first come first served basis, or whether the rooms are allocated randomly?

Hi @yoyoyo224466,
Yes, we allocate all the rooms on a first come first served basis.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Is there a reason why the rental contracts for student rooms wants you to arrive the Saturday before freshers week? Will there already be activities over the weekend or is it supposed to give you time to settle into your accompdation? Will you be disadvantaged if you arrive later? Like getting the « worst » room in a flat?
Original post by Hundeschule
Is there a reason why the rental contracts for student rooms wants you to arrive the Saturday before freshers week? Will there already be activities over the weekend or is it supposed to give you time to settle into your accompdation? Will you be disadvantaged if you arrive later? Like getting the « worst » room in a flat?

Hi @Hundeschule,

Yes, the main reason we start the accommodation contract on the weekend before Fresher’s is so that students get the chance to move in and get settled before all the activities and events begin on the Monday. There are also events going on in the halls themselves during the arrival weekend so you can find out more about that on your particular residence’s Facebook page.

Arriving after the main arrival weekend won’t have any impact on your room allocation. The room will be yours from Friday 7 September so you can really arrive whenever is most convenient to yourself.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Have the rooms already been allocated once you accept the accommodation offer? Or does arriving early on 7/9 allow you to choose the room you want?
Reply 79
Hi my offer's just been changed to unconditional today and since the deadline's just a few days away I was wondering if there were any residences not worth putting down (due to already been filled up by other applicant or etc) ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending