The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow Accommodation - Q&A

Scroll to see replies

I read in a thread for the University of York that shared bathrooms get cleaned very regularly. How is this handled in Glasgow student accommodation ? Is it the students responsibility ?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
One more question: is it true that you are not allowed to bring a rice cooker?
Original post by hydroxide
Have the rooms already been allocated once you accept the accommodation offer? Or does arriving early on 7/9 allow you to choose the room you want?

Hi @hydroxide,

Yes, all our rooms are provisionally allocated before being finalised and released on the day of arrival. You will receive your full room and address details when you check in.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Original post by Cammy.1
Hi my offer's just been changed to unconditional today and since the deadline's just a few days away I was wondering if there were any residences not worth putting down (due to already been filled up by other applicant or etc) ?

Hi @Cammy.1

Whilst most of our residences are getting quite full it would still be best to apply with your top choices and we’ll do our best to get as high up that list as possible.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Original post by Hundeschule
I read in a thread for the University of York that shared bathrooms get cleaned very regularly. How is this handled in Glasgow student accommodation ? Is it the students responsibility ?

Hi @Hundeschule,

Yes, within University of Glasgow residences the responsibility for cleaning the bathrooms will be with students.

Rice cookers are allowed in residences but only in the kitchens and must not be used in bedrooms.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Hi Alexander,
But in Winton Drive pdf I found this information :
You are responsible for keeping your flat clean and tidy. Your kitchen will be cleaned regularly but make sure you take responsibility for your own washing up and put things away! In Winton Flats we will also clean the showers and toilet areas.

Is is not true?
Original post by Hundeschule
Hi Alexander,
But in Winton Drive pdf I found this information :
You are responsible for keeping your flat clean and tidy. Your kitchen will be cleaned regularly but make sure you take responsibility for your own washing up and put things away! In Winton Flats we will also clean the showers and toilet areas.

Is is not true?

Hi @Hundeschule,

Apologies for the confusion. I have checked with the staff at Winton Drive and they do indeed provide a limited cleaning service for kitchens, showers and toilet areas.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Hello, I'd like to ask what's the size of a bed in a Standard Single in Cairncross House? Is it a single bed (3 ft wide) or double bed (4ft wide)? Thanks :smile:
Original post by hydroxide
Hello, I'd like to ask what's the size of a bed in a Standard Single in Cairncross House? Is it a single bed (3 ft wide) or double bed (4ft wide)? Thanks :smile:

Hi @hydroxide,

All the single rooms at Cairncross have three quarter size beds:smile:

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Does anyone stay over during the Christmas and Easter holidays? Or do most people go home?
Original post by Bunnykins
Does anyone stay over during the Christmas and Easter holidays? Or do most people go home?

Hi @Bunnykins

Yes, the majority of students in halls do tend to head away during the Christmas and Easter holidays but there are still a decent number who choose to stay in residence.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Reply 91
Terrible place to stay, rude staff, the walls have mice, a flat got robbed and nothing changed after this happened. Over priced, considering that you can pay half the price in private accomodation.
Hi Adridk,

I’m very sorry to hear about this. Please could you contact the Accommodation Office on 0141 330 4743, by email at [email protected], or by direct message on here, to discuss your concerns further? As soon as we have your residence details we will be able to investigate each issue more fully.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi,

I am an offer holder and I have to make my preferences. That's why I would like to ask you about the difference between Cairncross Single Standart and Large Single Standart Room. Specifically, I am interested in the size of the beds in the rooms- are they the same size or does the large room have a bigger bed? Unfortunately, I can't find much information on the internet, that's why I would be extremely grateful if you could outline the main differences between Cairncross Single Standart and Large Single Standart Room, so I could make my choice of preference.

I have read that there is an option in some of the halls that you can help the staff for certain hours a month and you get a discount on the rental fee. Is there such an option for Cairncross House?
Hi @ge36dal

Thanks for your message. At Cairncross House both the single and large single rooms have three quarter beds so they should be the same in that regard. If you have a look at our 360 images for Cairncross that should give you a better idea of what both rooms may look like.

Yes, if you were looking to become a Living Support Assistant there would be a reduction in your rent. For more information on the role and how to apply check out our website.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Original post by ge36dal
Hi,

I am an offer holder and I have to make my preferences. That's why I would like to ask you about the difference between Cairncross Single Standart and Large Single Standart Room. Specifically, I am interested in the size of the beds in the rooms- are they the same size or does the large room have a bigger bed? Unfortunately, I can't find much information on the internet, that's why I would be extremely grateful if you could outline the main differences between Cairncross Single Standart and Large Single Standart Room, so I could make my choice of preference.

I have read that there is an option in some of the halls that you can help the staff for certain hours a month and you get a discount on the rental fee. Is there such an option for Cairncross House?
When can those with unconditional offers expect a response regarding accommodation allocations?
Which halls have you applied for and what is your first choice?
I applied for Cairncross Large and Standard, Murano, and Student Apartments. My first choice is the Large Single at Cairncross. Just waiting to hear what I have been allocated. From what I have seen, the main difference between the Standard Single and the Large Single, is the extra space in the room and there is a small seating area.
Hi @CedarRose

We're hoping to start sending out offers to unconditional students next week so you should hopefully receive something fairly soon.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services
Original post by CedarRose
When can those with unconditional offers expect a response regarding accommodation allocations?
great, thanks for the reply
Original post by University of Glasgow Accommodation
Hi @CedarRose

We're hoping to start sending out offers to unconditional students next week so you should hopefully receive something fairly soon.

Best wishes,

Alexander
Accommodation Services

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending