The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Middlesex University BA Primary Education Interview

Got my first interview for Middlesex University tomorrow! Anyone who’s applying for a primary education degree and has had there interview know what to expect! Any maths and English tests involved?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It depends on the university. For Bangor, I had to do maths and English tests, whereas at Sunderland, I had to present an artefact. If you’re not sure how to prepare, have a look on the confirmation email they may have sent you or ring them. 😊
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Original post by Ia00
Got my first interview for Middlesex University tomorrow! Anyone who’s applying for a primary education degree and has had there interview know what to expect! Any maths and English tests involved?

Hello!

Good luck with your interview :smile:
Be sure that you will be ready to show how excited you are about being a primary teacher and what you can bring to the job!

There will be a presentation and they will give you the topic on the day. :smile:
Just relax, I am sure you will be fine!
Have a lovely day and good luck :smile:
Let me know how it went!

Ludovica
Reply 3
I just got back now! Went surprisingly well! There wasn’t a formal interview. We did a few group activities which they assess you on and we had to bring a poem which would we think would be suitable and engage a classroom of 10 year olds and then explain why we chose that poem. Honestly, it was a very calm and relaxed day! Beautiful uni too!
Reply 4
I have an interview for Middlesex in January and I’m really nervous about the poem part
I’m finding it hard to find a poem that would be good and short. Do you have any suggestions
Reply 5
The best poem I heard from the day was called “sick”- it’s a kids poem about school- really relatable and engaging for a classroom of 10 year olds!
Reply 6
Hi, what kind of activities did they asses you on? it says a group interview but what kind of group activities did you have?
Reply 7
Original post by Ia00
I just got back now! Went surprisingly well! There wasn’t a formal interview. We did a few group activities which they assess you on and we had to bring a poem which would we think would be suitable and engage a classroom of 10 year olds and then explain why we chose that poem. Honestly, it was a very calm and relaxed day! Beautiful uni too!

Hi, it says I have a group interview but I want to know what kind of group activities did they give you that they assess you on? please let me know
Reply 8
Hey, the group activities were just simple problem solving ones and they assess you on how well you communicate together. It’s hinesltly nothing to worry about!
Reply 9
Original post by Ia00
Hey, the group activities were just simple problem solving ones and they assess you on how well you communicate together. It’s hinesltly nothing to worry about!

hey, thanks for responding quickly. I think my nerves are just getting the better of me. I normally hate the problem solving ones because I am the quieter one out of the group, which may result in me not saying much or having a much of an input. lets hope it all goes well. thank you for responding.
Reply 10
it was literally about some pizzas or something I can’t even remember- I was so bad at it but just try to speak when you can even if it might be wrong!
Reply 11
Hi, yes I have been to the interview and we also had the same scenario as you.

If anyone else that might look through this, just like I did:

We did two activities. One about Pizza and figuring out which one the girl had bought. Second activity was different statements given to us in pairs and saying which one is the most important to us if we were the teachers. Some of the statements were creativity, knowledge, being adaptable. etc. There is no right or wrong answers, just a discussion. Coming from someone who was nervous, everyone was in the same boat, nervous but were super nice so nothing to worry about. Reading a poem and knowing why you chose it. It was then meeting a tutor (Prob those who observed you during activities). Nothing to be nervous about, a chance to ask any questions if you had any.

Special thank you to Ia00 - Helped knowing what to kind of expect.
Reply 12
Hi!
I've just been accepted for an interview too, and I'm really nervous about presenting the poem. What reasons did you have for picking the poem that you did? And did the lecturers ask you any questions about them?
Original post by fatsj
Hi!
I've just been accepted for an interview too, and I'm really nervous about presenting the poem. What reasons did you have for picking the poem that you did? And did the lecturers ask you any questions about them?

Me too! I'm very nervous
Reply 14
Original post by laibah5677
Me too! I'm very nervous

Have you picked a poem yet? When is your interview?
Original post by fatsj
Have you picked a poem yet? When is your interview?

Yhyh I have picked a poem and my interview is at 10 today 🥺
Reply 16
Yhyh I have picked a poem and my interview is at 10 today 🥺

Good Luckk with your interview! I hope it goes well :smile:
Original post by fatsj
Good Luckk with your interview! I hope it goes well :smile:

Thank youuu I done the interview and it went really well!
Reply 18
Thank youuu I done the interview and it went really well!

Aw that's so good! Congratulations :smile:
How did the poem go? Did you just discuss reasons why you chose it or was it more like teaching a lesson?
Original post by fatsj
Aw that's so good! Congratulations :smile:
How did the poem go? Did you just discuss reasons why you chose it or was it more like teaching a lesson?

Thank you! It went well, we just discussed reasons why we chose it like it doesn’t have to be too long. Dw you will be fine honestly x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending