The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
rfrd you are right it was 0.01 definitly cause my teacher went through that question. I got that too yh
Reply 61
does anyone remember what the ka value was in the buffer solution question?
rosemkate
i also thought that it was 80% to get an A. Does anyone know for sure what the grade boundaries are?

They vary slightly from year to year. Some years an A is 56 others 54. This means that 56 = 72/90.

Proof..http://www.chemistry.thornburycottage.com/MS3.htm
Check out "Marks and then go into examination report. I think our paper is the **45 one.

And yes. -186kjmol-1. Didn't mean -178 or whatever
FAT-ema
I think the secondary alcohol is oxidised to give a ketone but has no reaction for the
ester...that's why it reacts to give CHI3......am I the only one to have put that answer??:s-smilie:

I put no reaction for ester and a ketone for the second one too. But according to my teacher the first one reacts and the second one does not. Stoopid question really. Any other type and i would have got it. Grr.
3rd one gave carboxylic acid. i think. i cant really remember. deffo reacted. 2 marks gone.
Reply 64
i thoguht only the bottom reacted because it was tollens reagent?1
lost a lot of marks
:s-smilie: :s-smilie: My teacher said that only the aldehyde reacted. I told her that the first compound also had a C=O bond (she hasn't seen the paper) but she still says that only the aldehyde would react ... Even ketone has a C=O group.
Reply 66
yeh i thought it would only be the bottom because even ifthe others had a c=o bond they wouldnt be able to oxidise. tollens and fehlings only oxidise aldehydes. altleast most of these were one markers ...
what did everyone get for the monomers/polyamide question (the last question)

was it: ClOC(CH2)6COCl and NH2(CH2)4NH2
Reply 68
thats what i got for it
Reply 69
me too
Reply 70
Ferchichi
URGHHHHHHHH
THAT WAS A ****.

Seriously!

I was hoping so much that nothing with nitrogen would come up. URGHHHHHHHHH AND IT WAS ALL ABOUT FREAKING NITRILES AND AMINOS. AGHHHH.

What was the cooling rapidly question about. :s-smilie: I didnt have a clue, I just put so that the gases dont escape and accurate measurements of volume can be recorded to calculate accurate concentrations. But that was prob wrong, what did everyone else put?

I put because the forward reaction is endothermic, if you cool it, you're keeping the mixture at its equilibrium making for accurate calculations at that equilibrium
Reply 71
I heard it was an alright paper really, I dont do chemistry but some friends of mine said it went good for them, from your commends im confused however i wish you all the best hehe

Vech
Reply 72
jashan
I put because the forward reaction is endothermic, if you cool it, you're keeping the mixture at its equilibrium making for accurate calculations at that equilibrium

same thing i wrote
hey can some one please post the paper on here if the have it on them
Reply 74
Hi guys just wondering if anyone has managed to get hold of the paper yet?
Reply 75
P_A_R_U_S
Hi guys just wondering if anyone has managed to get hold of the paper yet?

yeah my teacher handed them out before the easter break, if that's what you're talking about???
Reply 76
1asdf2fdsa
hey can some one please post the paper on here if the have it on them

i guess i could scan it on here but i need to find the paper first :s-smilie:
Reply 77
Yeh thats the one any chance you might be able to mail it to me?
Reply 78
That'd be great thanks alot
Reply 79
P_A_R_U_S
Yeh thats the one any chance you might be able to mail it to me?

i'll try to find it first then, i'll try to scan it for you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending