The Student Room Group

Dissertation Title, decisions...

I figure this is the best place to put it.

I'm a second year student at UWIC studying Software Development BSc. I've now reached dissertation time and I have two titles, but unsure which is best. I need to write my proposal but can't decide on a title.

Internet Security In A Big Office

In Game Advertising

These aren't the final titles, but hopefully they'll give you an idea of what I wish to do. The trouble is, whereas the first one I would find easier to do research for (I work in an office, so its more convenient) I can't find any books/previous research on this topic. The second one seems more interesting but research for that might be a tad tricky, also it is slightly business orientated (which is not what I do).

So any suggestions on books etc... that could help with the above two would be great. Or maybe even some suggestions for titles as I'm struggling to think of any really.
Reply 1
Internet security sounds boring:p:
Internet Security sounds like the better option.

Based on nothing whatsoever but a one semester course I did in software engineering and the knowing gaze of an engineer.
Reply 3
It does sound boring yes...but its the best I can come up with Which sucks.

Edit - I've had the internet security one in my head for a while, its just when I started looking for books and previous research it was quite thin on the ground. Although, if I tried hard enough I'd probably find something.
Reply 4
I would do the second one, that way playing games counts as research :wink:. You could try looking into the more ethical side of adverts that are now placed into games.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7158463.stm
Reply 5
Tagit
I would do the second one, that way playing games counts as research :wink:. You could try looking into the more ethical side of adverts that are now placed into games.

Haha, I like your thinking but think the internet security related one is a better option overall.

Thanks to everyone for the help mind:yy:
Reply 6
I support your decision! (because i would have preferred it.)
Just a suggestion, rather than limiting your research options to Internet Security, how about doing Information Security?:p: It will be slightly easier to do.
I don't know how hard it is for you to find your research materials but perhaps have you tried those reading lists for such modules/courses? after all such courses/modules are actually quite common.
IMO this project will allows you to do a personalised case study and you can implement/apply it straightaway=).

Latest

Trending

Trending