The Student Room Group

EPQ title

Hi everyone,
I've picked EPQ as my AS subject, and right now I have been trying to gradually come to my conclusive title of my essay. My topic is on nature and nurture and which one plays a more important role in creating a serial killer, clearly not anything new. However, I've been struggling to come up with a title that I like, so I was hoping if anyone has any suggestions for a good title for my topic ?
(P.S if it helps I would like to conclude the essay with Nurture as an outcome or that both factors have an equally important role).
Thanks.
Original post by AmelieR
Hi everyone,
I've picked EPQ as my AS subject, and right now I have been trying to gradually come to my conclusive title of my essay. My topic is on nature and nurture and which one plays a more important role in creating a serial killer, clearly not anything new. However, I've been struggling to come up with a title that I like, so I was hoping if anyone has any suggestions for a good title for my topic ?
(P.S if it helps I would like to conclude the essay with Nurture as an outcome or that both factors have an equally important role).
Thanks.

To what extent does nurture impact the likelyhood of psychopathic tendencies?
Reply 2
Original post by rosie.mn
To what extent does nurture impact the likelyhood of psychopathic tendencies?

Wow, I really like this. Thanks!
Original post by AmelieR
Hi everyone,
Thanks.

Here are some ideas:

Serial Killers: Nature or Nurture

Serial Killers: Nature vs. Nurture

Creating a Serial Killer: Nature or Nurture?

Serial Killers: Is it Nature or Nurture?

Nature or Nurture?

The Killer Factor: Nature or Nurture
Original post by AmelieR
Hi everyone,
Thanks.
"How to create a serial killer"
Original post by AmelieR
Wow, I really like this. Thanks!

I'm glad! I heard somewhere that if you're doing it as a dissertation it should be asked like a question
I did whether females are more fearful of crime than men
Original post by AmelieR
Hi everyone,
Thanks.

If you did your research, there are a lot of factors that create a serial killer. It's a choice remember, what's makes someone kill people? Are you doing a dissertation epq or the investigation one. You will not come up with any conclusions if you choose this. only thing you can say is that both contribute. Each serial killer is unique and the only factor that would support your conclusion is childhood. As many serial killers have a violent/abused childhood. But on the other hand many have mental illness. So it will be very hard, almost impossible. Who suggested to do this topic anyway?
Reply 8
Original post by EpIC_RaGE
If you did your research, there are a lot of factors that create a serial killer. It's a choice remember, what's makes someone kill people? Are you doing a dissertation epq or the investigation one. You will not come up with any conclusions if you choose this. only thing you can say is that both contribute. Each serial killer is unique and the only factor that would support your conclusion is childhood. As many serial killers have a violent/abused childhood. But on the other hand many have mental illness. So it will be very hard, almost impossible. Who suggested to do this topic anyway?

Well, I have not yet started the actual essay. I've been only reading around the subject and looking for credible sources. Also, do not fret I have only said that 'I would like to conclude' , of course during the course of me writing this essay I may or may not change what I had in mind of the conclusion initially. I will take what you have said into consideration. And let it be 'hard', in that case, it will be a challenge. By the way, I independently choose to do the following topic.

(Though it was never specified if its 'dissertation epq or investigation one' it's most likely to be the 'dissertation' one)
Reply 9
Original post by AmelieR
Well, I have not yet started the actual essay. I've been only reading around the subject and looking for credible sources. Also, do not fret I have only said that 'I would like to conclude' , of course during the course of me writing this essay I may or may not change what I had in mind of the conclusion initially. I will take what you have said into consideration. And let it be 'hard', in that case, it will be a challenge. By the way, I independently choose to do the following topic.

(Though it was never specified if its 'dissertation epq or investigation one' it's most likely to be the 'dissertation' one)

Hi is it possible if u could provide me some help with this I’m planing on doing a similar question for my EPQ

Quick Reply

Latest