The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rileystringer1
avec le droit?

Oui je peux les étudier et avoir une année à l'étranger en France
Salut tout le monde! J'ai commencé à apprendre le français (encore :colondollar:)! Voici mon blog ! This thread is nearly full, we should start thinking of new names for le troisième. :eek:
Original post by CJaneH
Oui je peux les étudier et avoir une année à l'étranger en France

mais keske c
mais keske c

Law
Original post by ailashes
Law

mdrr chui sii stuupide quoi??
j'aurais savoir!!
sorry.
Original post by CJaneH
Salut! Je suis anglaise mais j'adore le français :smile: Je l'étudie à l'école et peut-être je vais l'étudier à la fac avec le droit aussi

Ooo, Je veux de faire la meme chose a la fac mais c'est tres difficile d'obtenir une place a l'universite tres bien comme Oxford et Cambridge (qui est une de mes objectifs dans vie :smile: ) Je trouve francais un peu difficile mais ca va s'arrange et j'apprendre l'allegmande aussi a l'ecole pour les bacs et j'espere d'avoir les bonnes notes l'entre de les, comment est-ce que vous apprenez le francais?
Salut a tous!

J'etais au Maroc pour cinq jours, et hier j'arrive a l'angleterre. La pays etais tres bien et culturel et je l'adore beaucoup et je vais aller a nouveau en december (j'espere). Trops de gens y parler le francais et se m'aide de se deplacer et demander aux gens pour les indications. Je veux mon francais d'etre courrament et si quelqu'un peuvent me dire comment d'apprendre mon francais et comment d'etre courrament dans la langue? ca sera super :smile:
Original post by Oblivion99
Salut a tous!

J'etais au Maroc pour cinq jours, et hier j'arrive a l'angleterre. La pays etais tres bien et culturel et je l'adore beaucoup et je vais aller a nouveau en december (j'espere). Trops de gens y parler le francais et se m'aide de se deplacer et demander aux gens pour les indications. Je veux mon francais d'etre courrament et si quelqu'un peuvent me dire comment d'apprendre mon francais et comment d'etre courrament dans la langue? ca sera super :smile:

Aïe Aïe Aïe! Il y a encore du boulot!

Here are some corrections.

pour=pendant
j'arrive= je suis arrivé
etais= était
et culturel= culturellement
l'adore= aime
vais aller=vais y aller
december=décembre
trops=trop
parler=parlent
se m'aide de se deplacer= m'aident à me déplacer
les=des
mon françaid'étre= parler le français
d'=not needed
d'=not needed
courrament= parler couramment
sera=serait

Original post by Charles Dupiau

Also:
en Angleterre*
si quelqu'un peut*
comment améliorer (not apprendre) mon français*

Your biggest fallback is grammar. If you want my advice, go and by a grammar and practice book and keep practicing. If you study at school then work hard in lessons but make sure you're putting work in outside of school also.
Ooo, Je veux de(not needed) faire la même chose à la fac mais c'est très difficile d'obtenir une place a l'universite tres bien comme Oxford et Cambridge (aux universités prestigieuses comme Oxford et Cambridge)

(ce qui est une(l'un) de mes objectifs dans la vie :smile: ) Je trouve le français un peu difficile mais ça va s'arranger et j'apprendre(j'apprends) l'allegmande(l'allemand) aussi à l'école pour les bacs et j'espere d'avoir(je souhaite avoir) les(de) bonnes notes l'entre de les (en les deux), comment est-ce que vous apprenez le français?

J'ai mis des corrections. I added some things in in bold (mainly accents), and put your errors in bold with the correction in brackets next to it.

(I'm only studying at A-level so I'm not saying the corrections are perfect)
J'ai mis des corrections. I added some things in in bold (mainly accents), and put your errors in bold with the correction in brackets next to it.

(I'm only studying at A-level so I'm not saying the corrections are perfect)

Honestly thank you. Part of the package of learning language is critical etiquette so thank you! Can you give me a bit of advice besides the issue of grammar?
Honestly thank you. Part of the package of learning language is critical etiquette so thank you! Can you give me a bit of advice besides the issue of grammar?

Start watching movies in french with english subtitles , and try to concentrate on the new words
Watch everyday a few minutes of the news on the TV in french , and if you could read french it would be great too
Do this like everyday , (at least for the news and a bit of reading) and your french will evolve :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Bonjour, in desperate need of help with indefinite and definite articles in French. Quite pathetic that at A-level I don't know the basics but for example, I don't understand how to use them in a sentence and when I do I use un instead of de?! Anyone who can clear this up for me?
Original post by _Charlotte15
Bonjour, in desperate need of help with indefinite and definite articles in French. Quite pathetic that at A-level I don't know the basics but for example, I don't understand how to use them in a sentence and when I do I use un instead of de?! Anyone who can clear this up for me?

basically you use the definite (le/la/les) for specific items that you've already mentioned. indefinite is pretty much just to translate "some". if you have a plural noun with an adjective you use de instead of des (i.e. de nouvelles personnes, not des), also if it's a negative sentence i.e. j'ai pas d'argent, je ne veux pas de nourriture

think that's okay? correct me if I'm wrong Frenchies
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Start watching movies in french with english subtitles , and try to concentrate on the new words
Watch everyday a few minutes of the news on the TV in french , and if you could read french it would be great too
Do this like everyday , (at least for the news and a bit of reading) and your french will evolve :wink:

Yes!!! Ive been stalking the "le monde" (french equivalent of the sun). :smile: I really want to speak french fluently :tongue: THANK YOU!!
Ah c'est dommage ça ;( mais bon le médecin c'est trèèès dur non? courage!!

pas grave :biggrin:

Could you please proof read my essay please :smile:
Original post by jedanselemyia
Le pire c'est ognon et nénufar, genre.... hm ok?

Could you check my essay pls?

Thanks
Yes!!! Ive been stalking the "le monde" (french equivalent of the sun). :smile: I really want to speak french fluently :tongue: THANK YOU!!

Lol I'm french Idk what the sun is x) but I know Le Monde :P
Great thing !!

YW :wink:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Lol I'm french Idk what the sun is x) but I know Le Monde :P
Great thing !!

YW :wink:

The Sun is a popular quotidien in the UK
p.s, can someone explain to me the use of "qu'est-ce que" in questions and est'ce que in sentences? It wont stick in my head :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending