The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Original post by CH10É
I have a leopard geckos and I’m going to uni after the summer next year so I’m looking at universities - especially Falmouth and Exeter and I was wondering for is she would be allowed to come with me, my family is quite anti- reptile so it’s either I take her with me or I give her to another Home (which I don’t want to do) can anyone help answer me?

Just bring her, can always hide the tank when you have inspections.
I know someone who brought a rabbit to uni, would always give their one night stands a scare.
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Original post by clearasilly
Just bring her, can always hide the tank when you have inspections.
I know someone who brought a rabbit to uni, would always give their one night stands a scare.

just be aware that accommodation doesn't always give notice. I had a leak from my bedroom sink and when the plumber and owner of the accomodation came round they didn't give me any kind of warning (i was actually out the first time they came round but they entered my room anyway)

I wouldn't really advise taking animals with you OP, i have pets and really wanted to take them but 1) they arent allowed in uni rooms and 2) being shoved in a cupboard and hidden isnt really fair on them. If you can't take care of them it would be best to rehome them as hard as that would be
Reply 3
Original post by CoolCavy
just be aware that accommodation doesn't always give notice. I had a leak from my bedroom sink and when the plumber and owner of the accomodation came round they didn't give me any kind of warning (i was actually out the first time they came round but they entered my room anyway)

I wouldn't really advise taking animals with you OP, i have pets and really wanted to take them but 1) they arent allowed in uni rooms and 2) being shoved in a cupboard and hidden isnt really fair on them. If you can't take care of them it would be best to rehome them as hard as that would be

I know it would be better to revoke her but since I’m not going till next year I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll be allowed to have her with me- I plan on contacting the uni as well but I am just hoping some students at Falmouth or Exeter will let me know/ adivise me too, but thank you!
Original post by CH10É
I know it would be better to revoke her but since I’m not going till next year I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll be allowed to have her with me- I plan on contacting the uni as well but I am just hoping some students at Falmouth or Exeter will let me know/ adivise me too, but thank you!

No worries :smile: hope you and your gecko can get a good outcome
Reply 5
Thanks 😊
Were you allowed to take her
Original post by Bobby Bowie
Were you allowed to take her

This thread is over 3 years old and the OP hasn't been active since shortly after making it. Please don't bump old threads.

I highly doubt OP was able to bring any pets to uni, as they are normally forbidden in student halls, and finding private rentals allowing pets that also allow/welcome students would be a tough thing (I know as we had exactly that issue in my second year in Exeter).

Latest