The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The Farc rebel leader had been noted as a terrorist for much time, and Columbia took the initiative to eliminate him and hopefully choke the resistance movement.

No he is seen as a terrorist in your eyes. We believe him to be a great revolutionist.

Howevever, Afghanistan deplores the methods employed by Columbia and the lack of communication between states.

An apology is not an acceptable for what has happened. If Germany invaded France again I think the same would be applicable.
Reply 21
Venezuela hopes the UN will see our removal of troops from the Colombian border as a sign of Venezuela's good faith in the working of the UNSC.
zav
An apology is not an acceptable for what has happened. If Germany invaded France again I think the same would be applicable.

You are giving very different examples, however I do see your point. What is it you wish from Columbia? :s-smilie:
Reply 23
Captain Biggles
You are giving very different examples, however I do see your point. What is it you wish from Columbia? :s-smilie:

ooc I don't have a clue what Venezuela would want really, probably just the publicity.

Venezuela believes that restrictions should be made on the capabilities of the Colombian military to prevent this happening again.
zav
ooc I don't have a clue what Venezuela would want really, probably just the publicity.

Venezuela believes that restrictions should be made on the capabilities of the Colombian military to prevent this happening again.

Although Colombia has indeed breached the sovereignty of Ecuador through this military action, Afghanistan does not feel that any reductions in Colombia's military would be a suitable or enforceable punishment.

We believe an alternative measure may be to progress towards a deal in which Columbian troops may not breach Ecuador's border for fear of harsh economic penalties from a host of its trade partners. Afghanistan would, in essence, support such a deal.
Reply 25
Captain Biggles
Although Colombia has indeed breached the sovereignty of Ecuador through this military action, Afghanistan does not feel that any reductions in Colombia's military would be a suitable or enforceable punishment.

We believe an alternative measure may be to progress towards a deal in which Columbian troops may not breach Ecuador's border for fear of harsh economic penalties from a host of its trade partners. Afghanistan would, in essence, support such a deal.

Venezuela agrees with Afghanistan but feels the US will probably veto any resolution wrote.

Latest

Trending

Trending