The Student Room Group

what qualities do you guys like in a girl?

guys, what is something that you find extremely attractive in a girl and what is something that is a turn of for you? interesting in seeing everyone's answers
you can make a list of anything really
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
guys, what is something that you find extremely attractive in a girl and what is something that is a turn of for you? interesting in seeing everyone's answers

off* and interested* lol ignore the typos please

The biggest turn off is when a girl thinks that her looks will get her far to the point where she doesn't want to put effort into things and expects the man to do everything for her. I like girls that are ambitious and focus more than just sitting in their room taking selfie pics in their bikinis and bring nothing of value. I also hate drinkers and smokers and the ones who mess around too much and just have a toxic personality.

I like girls that are caring, ambitious, intelligent and good communicators. I can't handle girls who are too quiet and say nothing, because it always gives me the impression that they're plotting something (e.g cheating) which wouldn't be very good in a relationships which also means that I like girls that are honest. However, these types of girls are extremely rare and most of them are what I have described in the first paragraph unfortunately.
emotional intelligence/maturity and good communication skills.
i'd say i like girls who are fun to be around, who are creative and outgoing, and who are sweet people who think of others and not just themselves (too many women seem to have a selfish attitude sadly - not all though!). i'm kind of quiet myself so i like other people who can bring out my more energetic or extroverted side and we can have a laugh together. i wouldn't say i have a particular 'type' in terms of appearance, but on the whole i'm more attracted to girls who don't care too much about their appearance - not in a bad way, i'm just not a fan of those who spend two hours on hair and makeup every morning and go to the tanning salon every other week.

my biggest turn off by far is people who are high maintenance, whether that be clingy and always needing attention, or people who demand lots of things in a relationship without really giving anything in return (i'm kind of a planner so i like spontaneous people for this reason too). relationships shouldn't be hard work and i much prefer to have a more laidback vibe. a lot of my friends laugh at me for this ("well if you don't care about the relationship then you're just friends who kiss!") but i DO care, i just don't want any toxicity. ehh what can i say, attraction is very subjective!
Reply 5
Original post by scxlambda
The biggest turn off is when a girl thinks that her looks will get her far to the point where she doesn't want to put effort into things and expects the man to do everything for her. I like girls that are ambitious and focus more than just sitting in their room taking selfie pics in their bikinis and bring nothing of value. I also hate drinkers and smokers and the ones who mess around too much and just have a toxic personality.

I like girls that are caring, ambitious, intelligent and good communicators. I can't handle girls who are too quiet and say nothing, because it always gives me the impression that they're plotting something (e.g cheating) which wouldn't be very good in a relationships which also means that I like girls that are honest. However, these types of girls are extremely rare and most of them are what I have described in the first paragraph unfortunately.

okay, fair enough, any physical preferences, ones that catch your attention, or you don't mind? :smile:
Reply 6
For me it's independence and drive, nothing is more attractive to me than someone who has a dream and is working hard towards that goal and passionate about it.

Looks wise don't really have a type as people I have liked follow no real trend
Reply 7
also, guys who are introverted, do you prefer extroverted girls? and vice versa
Reply 8
i'd say i like girls who are fun to be around, who are creative and outgoing, and who are sweet people who think of others and not just themselves (too many women seem to have a selfish attitude sadly - not all though!). i'm kind of quiet myself so i like other people who can bring out my more energetic or extroverted side and we can have a laugh together. i wouldn't say i have a particular 'type' in terms of appearance, but on the whole i'm more attracted to girls who don't care too much about their appearance - not in a bad way, i'm just not a fan of those who spend two hours on hair and makeup every morning and go to the tanning salon every other week.

my biggest turn off by far is people who are high maintenance, whether that be clingy and always needing attention, or people who demand lots of things in a relationship without really giving anything in return (i'm kind of a planner so i like spontaneous people for this reason too). relationships shouldn't be hard work and i much prefer to have a more laidback vibe. a lot of my friends laugh at me for this ("well if you don't care about the relationship then you're just friends who kiss!") but i DO care, i just don't want any toxicity. ehh what can i say, attraction is very subjective!

it is indeed, which is why i wanted to see everyone's answers
it's cool to see everyone's different preferences in a partner :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Max1989
For me it's independence and drive, nothing is more attractive to me than someone who has a dream and is working hard towards that goal and passionate about it.

Looks wise don't really have a type as people I have liked follow no real trend

i agree, i find when someone has a passion for something it is really attractive!

What I find attractive within them is the constant need of help and support like for example your at work they are working besides you, you clearly see that they need your help yet you deliberately and purposely don’t take notice yet they come over to you and ask ever so politely innocent faced as though they never done anything wrong that they need help. The girls who also put education to heart and have a realistic goal they’d like to achieve. Good girls are just simply beautiful and soo understanding like they understand you so much and for me it’s about a girl’s personality and who she is from her heart that makes her what she is as a person not appearance or beauty cosmetics. Being smart and clever and intellectual. Also being truthful and honest and caring and compassionate and just full of joy and bubbly happy vibes you can make memories with and is there for you and your there for her.

As an introvert guy I would prefer an introvert though I like extroverts because they are more open, enthusiastic and energetic.

Tall maybe although even a 5’1-5’2 is my winnie-the pooh 🧸 for me. Erm Blonde, Brunettes. I am a fan and awe of interracial relationships. Any specific ethnicities South Americans (Argentine, Colombian, Brazilian) Spanish or South European maybe Polish, Swedish my ethnic background maybe.

Turn off for me personally bad girls because personally when you want to help and guide someone towards the right path then they end up on the wrong path you know… ain’t honest, truthful, play around with your feelings and cheats (toxic personality) and gold diggers. Smokes/drinks as well as argumentative and dominant in a relationship.
(edited 2 years ago)
okay, fair enough, any physical preferences, ones that catch your attention, or you don't mind? :smile:

No, I don't have any preference on looks, because the truth is that most girls are pretty in their own way. Of course, I wouldn't date an obese woman, because I am not obese myself, however she could be slightly overweight and I wouldn't mind. As long as she's not obese. I would consider dating any girl of any race and background.

However, I do admit that there are certain types of girls that I find extremely attractive physically. Those girls usually have blonde hair and are reasonable fit with curvy body types, but generally I could date almost any girl, redheads, brunettes, doesn't matter. It doesn't mean that she needs to look like a model, but she should take care of herself so that she doesn't become obese. I do feel bad for saying it, but obesity is a big turn off for me, but that's probably because I am not obese myself and there needs to be at least some physical attraction.
No, I don't have any preference on looks, because the truth is that most girls are pretty in their own way. Of course, I wouldn't date an obese woman, because I am not obese myself, however she could be slightly overweight and I wouldn't mind. As long as she's not obese. I would consider dating any girl of any race and background.

However, I do admit that there are certain types of girls that I find extremely attractive physically. Those girls usually have blonde hair and are reasonable fit with curvy body types, but generally I could date almost any girl, redheads, brunettes, doesn't matter. It doesn't mean that she needs to look like a model, but she should take care of herself so that she doesn't become obese. I do feel bad for saying it, but obesity is a big turn off for me, but that's probably because I am not obese myself and there needs to be at least some physical attraction.

ah i see, i also have my turn offs tbh and same here, i generally don't have a specific "type"
sometimes i feel shallow for not liking certain things but i guess it's just a thing you can't control, it's completely understandable
there are probably people who would find those very things attractive though
also, guys who are introverted, do you prefer extroverted girls? and vice versa

Hi there op.
She does not to be hugely extroverted. But yes. I can be quite quiet at times. So a woman who is a bit more open than me is a nice option.

Hi, I am a female. Some people would say I have no ambition because me dream is to be a mother and a house wife, I wouldn’t say I am trying to use my looks to get far in life, I just want to marry my best friend and throw myself into nurturing my husband and kids. What are you thoughts on that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending