The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Is the chorus "is it in his kiss, dah dah dah daaaaaaaaah oh no thats not the way, oh your not listening to a word I say but if you wanna know if he loves you so its in his kiss"

yep? :confused:
Reply 2
Right, Im pretty sure its Cher - "The Shoop, shoop song". Been singing the chorus over and over again. Think thats it.

How can this mind numbing song be so important, hostage situation?

BTW what a strange voice Chers got. Just downloaded it, dared to play it and now my dad thinks Im gay.
Reply 3
Krim
BTW what a strange voice Chers got. Just downloaded it, dared to play it and now my dad thinks Im gay.

Lol!
Christina Ricci is in The Shoop Shoop Song video wearing a polka dots dress - can't remember if Cher is, but since they were wearing similar clothes I'd assume so.
Reply 4
Yeah its gotta be doesnt it. Never thought Id download a Cher song.
Reply 5
Krim
Yeah its gotta be doesnt it. Never thought Id download a Cher song.

It's a slippery slope...:tongue:
Some of her songs are catchy though, even if they seem really cheesy now. They always play that video on The Hits Classic Weekend shows...that's the only reason I know :redface:
Reply 6
pikaboo

Some of her songs are catchy though, even if they seem really cheesy now. They always play that video on The Hits Classic Weekend shows...that's the only reason I know :redface:

You're at the bottom of the slope. :wink:
Reply 7
Krim
You're at the bottom of the slope. :wink:

:frown: I don't listen to them voluntarily! Queen's music is my main passion anyway :tongue: *realises this is not much better*
Reply 8
Krim

How can this mind numbing song be so important, hostage situation?

80s fancy dress party is looming, I can't seem to find many female 80s icons and then I thought of Cher. Its important cos I need to work out my outfit ASAP, so unless anyone can think of any other 80s females who aren't blonde....
rachplatt
so unless anyone can think of any other 80s females who aren't blonde....

toyah?

given that the film/dress is based in the 50s it's probably not a good idea for an 80s fancy dress costume...the skin tight stuff in the turn back time video would be more appropriate.
Reply 10
Krim
Yeah, no worries its OK. It took me about half an hour to find it for you and my Dad thinks Im gay so yeah dont mention it!

It is an emergency! Honestly!
Reply 11
Pencil Queen
toyah?

given that the film/dress is based in the 50s it's probably not a good idea for an 80s fancy dress costume...the skin tight stuff in the turn back time video would be more appropriate.

Somebody else is already being Toyah :frown:
As for the skin tight stuff :eek: not on me!!!
What about kate bush - she got big in the 80s - or an early annie lennox? or one of the sulky women in the robert palmer addicted to love video.
Reply 13
Pencil Queen
What about kate bush - she got big in the 80s - or an early annie lennox? or one of the sulky women in the robert palmer addicted to love video.

Both already taken :frown: :frown:
I think I neeed to learn my lesson for choosing my outfit so late!
My options seem to be Cher (in a costume that would not result in me being arrested for indecent exposure), Shirley Valentine (my mum thinks it's a good idea but I can only vaguely remember the film) or the woman from flashdance. I thought Baby from Dirty DAncing would've been good, but I dont think anyone would know who I was meant to be!
Reply 14
Boy George?

Latest