The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Official Aston Uni Clearing Thread 2018!

It's that time of the year...
CLEARING 2018!

If you have any questions, concerns or anything in-between, then we are here until 8pm tonight (and 8am-8pm tomorrow)!

All of our courses available during clearing, with entry requirements, can be found here: http://www.aston.ac.uk/clearing/vacancies/

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 07.47.28.png

You can apply for clearing through our social media!

Facebook - Twitter - WhatsApp - Instagram

Alternatively, you can call our clearing hotline. The lines are currently OPEN! Call 0800 917 5923 if you wish to apply.

I'm not able to make offers on TSR but I will be on hand to support with any questions you may have. Check out our Clearing Guide for more info: http://www.aston.ac.uk/clearing/clearing-guide/ ^Kam
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi, I applied for a course through clearing and recieved a confirmation email at 3pm today, but my clearing choice still hasn’t been accepted on Ucas Track yet. Do you know how long it’ll take? Thanks
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi so I tried to enrol in maths and business which has a requirement of BCC/CCC. My grades are:CCD but the thing is looking at my UMS, my D is literally 1 mark from a C. I tried to call clearing but they told me to email ugadmissions. I’ve emailed them from 9 in the morning but I haven’t seen a reply. I was just wondering would I be allowed to study this course even though I’m 1 mark away from the required grade and how do I go about doing this, thanks
HI, I really need some help and I don’t know where else to go. So I made Aston my firm choice, to study LLB law there in September which required me a Distinction, B, B and my grades turned out to be a Distinction*, C and D. I just need some reassurance and faith and I just want to know whether Aston will still accept me and allow me to study Law here for September? Please, I am so desperate because I’ve wanted to come here my whole life and it’s the only University I can picture myself going to. I really appreciate you taking the time to read this. Thank you so much!
[quote(Original post by Aston University)]

It's that time of the year...
CLEARING 2018!

If you have any questions, concerns or anything in-between, then we are here until 8pm tonight (and 8am-8pm tomorrow)!

All of our courses available during clearing, with entry requirements, can be found here: http://www.aston.ac.uk/clearing/vacancies/

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 07.47.28.png

You can apply for clearing through our social media!

Facebook - Twitter - WhatsApp - Instagram

Alternatively, you can call our clearing hotline. The lines are currently OPEN! Call 0800 917 5923 if you wish to apply.

I'm not able to make offers on TSR but I will be on hand to support with any questions you may have. Check out our Clearing Guide for more info: http://www.aston.ac.uk/clearing/clearing-guide

H
i, I recently received revieved my grade she yesterday and I was hoping to study Law LLB at aston in September as I had made it my firm choice. It required me to achieve a Distinction, B and B but instead I received a D*, C and D. Is there any possible way for me to still be allowed on to this course? I’ve wanted to come to Aston my whole entire life, it’s my biggest dream and I can’t bear the thought of going anywhere else. If it helps, the D* was in Law itself. Please I am so desperate. Thank you for taking the time to read this, I appreciate it so much. please someone help me
Original post by X3.14159x
Hi, I applied for a course through clearing and recieved a confirmation email at 3pm today, but my clearing choice still hasn’t been accepted on Ucas Track yet. Do you know how long it’ll take? Thanks

Congratulations,

There may be a bit of a backlog as we are processing thousands of acceptances. Sit tight and it should convert over the weekend for you.

Josh
Reply 6
I applied for biomedical science in clearing on the 16th after receiving a verbal offer but on UCAS track today (18th) it still says that a decision is being made by the university. Do you know how long it will take for my place to be confirmed as I’m worried about student accomodation being filled up and I wanted to share a flat with my friend who already has an accomodation offer?
Original post by tiaal
I applied for biomedical science in clearing on the 16th after receiving a verbal offer but on UCAS track today (18th) it still says that a decision is being made by the university. Do you know how long it will take for my place to be confirmed as I’m worried about student accomodation being filled up and I wanted to share a flat with my friend who already has an accomodation offer?

Hi @tiaal,

We're working our way through the offers as quickly as we can. If you want to speak to someone, call our hotline on 0800 917 5923 or you can email [email protected]
Are ucas points taken into account when deciding on decisions for clearing or not?

Quick Reply

Latest