The Student Room Group

How do you decline an offer on UCAS

I applied originally for child nursing and got no offers so now as it is results day i went through clearing and i’ve got an offer from Aston and BCU for accounting & finance. I want to decline my offer on UCAS and firm Aston but for some reason due to DBS checks from my previous unis it is not letting me decline my offers
Reply 1
you probably need to contact UCAS
Original post by caaishae
I applied originally for child nursing and got no offers so now as it is results day i went through clearing and i’ve got an offer from Aston and BCU for accounting & finance. I want to decline my offer on UCAS and firm Aston but for some reason due to DBS checks from my previous unis it is not letting me decline my offers

Do you have a firm and/or insurance choice that is still showing as conditional?
Hi there, What happens when you try to decline your firm? just linking this handy thread that has details on how you can do this, give that a go and if it doesn't work still let me know!

Ring UCAS!
Also maybe consider whether you want to accept such a different course? You will be paying for and studying this subject at this uni for 2-3 years so make sure it's the right one for you!
Reply 5
Original post by CatusStarbright
Do you have a firm and/or insurance choice that is still showing as conditional?

it shows up as this ? (photos attached below)
Reply 6
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Ring UCAS!
Also maybe consider whether you want to accept such a different course? You will be paying for and studying this subject at this uni for 2-3 years so make sure it's the right one for you!

i want to do accounting and finance i’ve been thinking about it for years but i sadly originally got pressure into doing child nursing !! im sure i wanna do accounting and finance but i am not sure on how to delete my previous offers

also till what time is the UCAS hotline opened ?
i want to do accounting and finance i’ve been thinking about it for years but i sadly originally got pressure into doing child nursing !! im sure i wanna do accounting and finance but i am not sure on how to delete my previous offers

also till what time is the UCAS hotline opened ?

No worries
UCAS info:
Phone (UK): 0371 468 2525

Phone (International): 0330 333 0236

Please note, our opening hours are Monday-Friday, 08.30-18.00.
x

Hi I've looked at your screenshots and it looks like the University of Worcester has conditionally accepted you pending a DBS
You need to get them to release you into clearing

Please contact the Uni of Worcester
Ask for them to release you into clearing : 01905 855111
it shows up as this ? (photos attached below)

It looks like you have accepted an offer which is still conditional. You need to contact the university (which appears to be the University of Worcester) to ask to be released so that you can enter clearing and add your clearing option.
Hello
I am student ambassador from Coventry University.
Try to email uni admission team and let them know, that you want to decline your offer.

Thank You
Sejal
Reply 11
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hello
I am student ambassador from Coventry University.
Try to email uni admission team and let them know, that you want to decline your offer.

Thank You
Sejal

will do thank you !
Reply 12
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
No worries
UCAS info:
Phone (UK): 0371 468 2525

Phone (International): 0330 333 0236

Please note, our opening hours are Monday-Friday, 08.30-18.00.

i only have 24hrs to reply back to my new offers ! and i’ve got work from 8-12pm when the deadline is…is there anything i can do ???
i only have 24hrs to reply back to my new offers ! and i’ve got work from 8-12pm when the deadline is…is there anything i can do ???

pull a sickie?
Reply 14
Original post by harrysbar
pull a sickie?

pulled one today cause they wouldn’t let off for results day and they said i can’t take anymore days off cause i got an unauthorised absence
Reply 15
It looks like you have accepted an offer which is still conditional. You need to contact the university (which appears to be the University of Worcester) to ask to be released so that you can enter clearing and add your clearing option.

their hotlines are closed now…and i’ve got worked tmr and only can reply to my offers before 12pm or i’ll miss out on them, is there anything else i can do at this point ? im so stressed
their hotlines are closed now…and i’ve got worked tmr and only can reply to my offers before 12pm or i’ll miss out on them, is there anything else i can do at this point ? im so stressed

Can you call them on a break and ask to extend the deadline?
Reply 17
Can you call them on a break and ask to extend the deadline?

i called yesterday and the unis are clueless and don’t know what to do !! i don’t know what i’m going to do next cause Aston called me and said they’ve reserved my space till monday :/ but i don’t think this issue is going to be resolved by then.
i called yesterday and the unis are clueless and don’t know what to do !! i don’t know what i’m going to do next cause Aston called me and said they’ve reserved my space till monday :/ but i don’t think this issue is going to be resolved by then.

Have you emailed as well as calling?

put “URGENT - request to be rejecting to use clearing” in your email subject to Worcester and include all your details (full name, date of birth, course and ucas ID) and a screenshot of your UCAS status

and put “URGENT - clearing deadline extension request” in your email subject to Aston. Again put all your details and how many phone calls and emails you’ve had with Worcester to try to get them to reject you so you can add a clearing choice. Also again put in the screenshot of your UCAS showing that you are reliant on Worcester to do something.

Have you managed to get in touch with UCAS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending