The Student Room Group

How to upgrade your fx-82es, fx-83es and fx-85es to a fx991es

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
So does this make our calculator be able to do simbolic algebra?

I fx 570 allowed ? It does integration.

How about CFX-9850 GC plus graphic calculator?

Is that allowed at Alevel exams?

Elle
Reply 81
What casio model can do symbolic algebra?
No, the fx991ES does NOT do symbolic algebra, integration or differentiation. If it could do symbolic, it would be banned.

It's all numerical.

The fx570 is basically the 991ES without a solar panel, so yes it's allowed.
Someone needs to find a way to do this with a B fx-83.

Please? :biggrin:
Solution:

Buy a 991ES.
Reply 85
I have a 991ES but I still wish I could do this to my 83ES version B just for the fun of it. >.<
My Ti89 does symbolic, but it wasn't banned. I used it in my C2 exam last week.
:O

You big cheater.
I checked, and there's no AQA calculator restrictions. There were some tricky integration questions that took me seconds :smile:. I could have done it by hand, but didn't want to waste time and the best thing is, that because it's symbolic I wrote down the stages to get the working marks.
There are AQA calculator restrictions.

All exam boards comply to the JCQ regulations.

Pfft, you big big big cheater.
Jerking My Gerking
I checked, and there's no AQA calculator restrictions.

Surely all exam boards comply with the JCQ (Joint Council of Qualifications) regulations?
cough (bump)
Reply 92
Hey,

Would this mod work on a fx-82AU or a fx-500ES?

Thanks
Reply 93

Is the FX-991 ES not allowed for A-level exams? That's including Further Maths.
Reply 94
Sk1lLz

it's allowed
Sk1lLz

Yes, it's allowed for all A-level Maths exams as it does not do symbolic differentiation, integration or algebra. :smile:
Reply 96
you guys are lucky, for us symbolic includes surds and answers in terms of pi :frown:

That means we get a cut down version of this calculator called the fx-82au, its terrible!
Reply 97
studentbug
you guys are lucky, for us symbolic includes surds and answers in terms of pi :frown:

That means we get a cut down version of this calculator called the fx-82au, its terrible!

what? your invidulators are not letting you use the calculator for those reasons? that's RUBBISH!

arrgh tell your school to tell the invidulators that it's allowed and show them the reasons why. it's in the schools BEST INTEREST to let you use it cos it makes the school look when more ppl pass

the 991ES saved me in my FP2 exam big style
Reply 98
Hi!
I have FX-82ES and back reads A, but circuit board look like same than in Kolya and owah. I buy that calculator from finland.
What i do to upgrade to fx-991ES?
Reply 99
Heh, wow. Thanks for the tip, I didn't think it'd work at all, but lo and behold...

Now I just need to see if I can work out how to use all these new functions, I've never even used a matrix or anything before, but hey. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest