The Student Room Group

NCIS Society

Scroll to see replies

Zedd
Felt a bit odd but not a bad episode in any case, should be interesting to see how this season develops.

I'm wanting development. I'm glad that loose ends are being tied up, but I want the plot to move on (although episodes have been great). I'm hoping for a longer running plot, at least in the background. I found the La Grenouille trail in season 4 fantastic (half of it didn't make sense but nevermind) and more of that would be cool.

Anybody else watching NCIS LA? I'm enjoying it after two episodes. Don't have a great deal more to say now, but it has my attention and I shall keep watching it :smile: I wonder if it will come to the UK.
nearlyheadlessian
I'm wanting development. I'm glad that loose ends are being tied up, but I want the plot to move on (although episodes have been great). I'm hoping for a longer running plot, at least in the background. I found the La Grenouille trail in season 4 fantastic (half of it didn't make sense but nevermind) and more of that would be cool.

Anybody else watching NCIS LA? I'm enjoying it after two episodes. Don't have a great deal more to say now, but it has my attention and I shall keep watching it :smile: I wonder if it will come to the UK.

NCIS LA isnt on in the UK is it? Just online? Having seen the series that segways into it I must say Im not tempted to watch it.
Jennie1987
NCIS LA isnt on in the UK is it? Just online? Having seen the series that segways into it I must say Im not tempted to watch it.

So far as I can tell NCIS LA hasn't yet been sold to the UK. Although given it only started airing two weeks ago it probably needs time. Been a long time since I watched NCIS on five though, I only download after american broadcasts now, then buy the dvd. I have to agree I wasn't particularly tempted by the pilot episodes in the spring, but so far I've really enjoyed the first two episodes. They've not been very similar to the pilot to be honest. In a lot of ways it's similar to NCIS, and the writing is good.
Reply 383
i cant believe this season is finished already. i cant wait for season 7.
Reply 384
nearlyheadlessian

Yeah, a long plot would be nice so long as it's well thought out of course :yes: I dunno, but I think another arch enemy would be nice à la Nicole Wallace and Goren (Criminal Intent), Clavo Cruz (Gonzalo Menendez was awesome!) and Horatio Caine... Ari and Gibbs :smile:

I'm liking NCIS LA at the moment :smile: Still not so sure about O'Donnell but I'm liking LL Cool J and, of course, Linda Hunt :smile: I wanna watch the newest ep right now but I've got 4 hours of Medicine type lectures this morning - volunteers to go in my place would be much appreciated! :p:
Season 7 is awesome. :grin:
where are you guys watching NCIS LA? I liked the pilot episodes, but havnt found anywhere i can watch the series in the UK!
greggy.gregory
where are you guys watching NCIS LA? I liked the pilot episodes, but havnt found anywhere i can watch the series in the UK!

There are torrent files knocking about in all the usual places with the three episodes that have aired so far (not of course, that I am at all advocating you go and download them....) - shouldn't be too difficult to find.
nearlyheadlessian
There are torrent files knocking about in all the usual places with the three episodes that have aired so far (not of course, that I am at all advocating you go and download them....) - shouldn't be too difficult to find.

:woo: thnx
*runs off to find torrents*
greggy.gregory

Just starting on SkyOne.

PS everyone latest series has started on FX - directly after the last one!! Amazing and sorry five will now be 2 series behind unless they get a move on.

Yuna47
Yeah, a long plot would be nice so long as it's well thought out of course I dunno, but I think another arch enemy would be nice à la Nicole Wallace and Goren (Criminal Intent), Clavo Cruz (Gonzalo Menendez was awesome!) and Horatio Caine... Ari and Gibbs

Love it. Have you seen the latest stuff on five?

Spoiler

Reply 390
Jennie1987
Love it. Have you seen the latest stuff on five?

Oh no! I missed that! Sounds like it was a good one too! :biggrin: I hardly ever watch TV now (just Neighbours :o:) everything that I like (other than the Mentalist, I wanna have something to look forward to! :p:) I watch on the PC after it's aired in America :frown: Totally obsessive, can't help myself! :o:

I bought seasons 1-5 of NCIS for my aunt for her Christmas (£12.99 each - Play)! :biggrin: and I might have bought a few other DVDs for myself... :rolleyes:
Yuna47

Oh no! I missed that! Sounds like it was a good one too! :biggrin: I hardly ever watch TV now (just Neighbours :o:) everything that I like (other than the Mentalist, I wanna have something to look forward to! :p:) I watch on the PC after it's aired in America :frown: Totally obsessive, can't help myself! :o:

I bought seasons 1-5 of NCIS for my aunt for her Christmas (£12.99 each - Play)! :biggrin: and I might have bought a few other DVDs for myself... :rolleyes:

Lol I thought I was being so good - redoing my room my dvds/cds are all stowed away in storage so I just dont bother looking at buying until I see how much room I have left in my new shelving unit. But my Ive just moved on to more general things - Christmas/Halloween stuff, clothes, new room stuff etc.
Reply 393
Jennie1987
Lol I thought I was being so good - redoing my room my dvds/cds are all stowed away in storage so I just dont bother looking at buying until I see how much room I have left in my new shelving unit. But my Ive just moved on to more general things - Christmas/Halloween stuff, clothes, new room stuff etc.

Good on you! I wish I had some motivation so sort my place out! The DVDs are beginning to pile up and I really have nowhere to put them. The thing is, all the junk in my room, most of it I never use but I guarantee I'd need it for something if I got rid of it! hehehe! :p:

Today is a bad day, not got enough time to watch new NCIS or NCIS LA :frown:
Yuna47

Today is a bad day, not got enough time to watch new NCIS or NCIS LA :frown:

Sadder today - CBS broadcast reruns last night so new episodes to watch at all :frown:
So how is everyone finding NCIS LA? I watched the first couple of eps on Sky 1 last week and it seems very promising.
Student2806
So how is everyone finding NCIS LA? I watched the first couple of eps on Sky 1 last week and it seems very promising.

I've enjoyed it so far. Some bits of it seem a bit daft, I mean what sort of office is that? Likewise, the plot has been a bit flimsy, particularly in the latest episode broadcast on CBS. But it's enjoyable. It still seems weird to me that Sky bought the rights :p:
Double post; my apologies.

I find the idea that Callan speaks fluent Russian because he lived with a Russian foster family highly unlikely. But whatever, nice episode otherwise. We've had a couple of cracking episodes of NCIS post-halloween break, I've really enjoyed them.
Reply 398
nearlyheadlessian
Double post; my apologies.

I find the idea that Callan speaks fluent Russian because he lived with a Russian foster family highly unlikely. But whatever, nice episode otherwise. We've had a couple of cracking episodes of NCIS post-halloween break, I've really enjoyed them.

No need to apologise about the posting :smile: different day, different post :p:

You are so right, NCIS keeps going from strength to strength and just when I think it can't get any better, it does ^_^ I'm really liking NCIS: LA too :biggrin: I've added it to the extensive list of shows to buy on DVD when they come out ^_^
Yuna47
No need to apologise about the posting :smile: different day, different post :p:

You are so right, NCIS keeps going from strength to strength and just when I think it can't get any better, it does ^_^ I'm really liking NCIS: LA too :biggrin: I've added it to the extensive list of shows to buy on DVD when they come out ^_^

Expanding on the weirdness of Callan speaking Russian, the idea that Gibbs worked undercover in France and Russia back in the day seems equally daft. If you remember the season 5 flashbacks, Gibbs apparently dressed up in a stripey jumper, wore a beret, slung onions round his neck and cycled around Paris - to fit in.:rolleyes:

And Vance suggested in LA a couple of episodes back that he had been in Prague in the 1980s. Wtf? A black american spy behind the iron curtain in the 80s? Realism ftw!

Quick Reply

Latest