The Student Room Group

AQA german speaking

okay. so we were told that our speaking exams were last Monday, but that was just a trick to get everyone to revise :P now the real one is this Friday and i'm paniking. my oral is my strongest point, and i don't have a problem understanding...but, what do i do if the "cards" use vocab which i don't understand, or if the examiner has a strong accent which i can't understand?
Reply 1
also, if anyone (from any exam board) did their presentation on divorce and marriage, rates, what sorts of questions did they ask? or if anyone has any ideas, that'd be useful as well.
Reply 2
As our teacher told us, not recognising a few words shouldn't deter you from understanding the text as a whole, and understanding the main point/message which it aims to get across. So don't worry too much about that. I'm sure everyone will be in the same position should that happen anyway.

Do you know anything about your examiner? Like are they a native German speaker or not etc? I was worried about the same thing last year but it was totally fine and the examiner was fully comprehendible. You'll be so alert due to adrenaline/nerves that I'm sure you'll be able to pick up exactly what they're saying. You can always ask them to repeat something if you're unsure anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending