The Student Room Group

Higher English folio mark

I was very happy to receive 100% on my Higher English folio this year.

I was just wondering how common this is as I was surprised I to receive such a high mark.

Thanks!
Original post by Yoshi123456

I was just wondering how common this is as I was surprised I to receive such a high mark.

Thanks!

It's not totally unheard of, but obviously it's a small percent of people. I think one or two people in my school (of maybe 60 doing Higher English) got full marks in the folio, and a few more were close to that...The mean mark for it this year was 19.7/30, but I don't think there's stats out for how many got each mark- if you're desperate to know it might be available through a freedom of information request though :smile:
Original post by Labrador99
It's not totally unheard of, but obviously it's a small percent of people. I think one or two people in my school (of maybe 60 doing Higher English) got full marks in the folio, and a few more were close to that...The mean mark for it this year was 19.7/30, but I don't think there's stats out for how many got each mark- if you're desperate to know it might be available through a freedom of information request though :smile:

Please do NOT do a freedom of information request on this! if you knew how much money this costs the public sector you would not pursue FOIs on such trivia. While the public sector is paying money for man power investigating such idle curiosities, it is taking resources away from where they are desperately needed - i.e. healthcare, education etc. try and be responsible.
Original post by LiyoS
Please do NOT do a freedom of information request on this! if you knew how much money this costs the public sector you would not pursue FOIs on such trivia. While the public sector is paying money for man power investigating such idle curiosities, it is taking resources away from where they are desperately needed - i.e. healthcare, education etc. try and be responsible.

I don't have any interest in knowing...It's ultimately up to the OP what they do :redface:
how do you know what marks you get in your portfolio because in my National 5 one last year, on my certificate it never said a thing about what I got and my teachers never even said a word about it
Original post by elliemccartney_
how do you know what marks you get in your portfolio because in my National 5 one last year, on my certificate it never said a thing about what I got and my teachers never even said a word about it

Ask your teachers. They can tell you
Original post by Yoshi123456

Thanks!

What was ur topic?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending