The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Can't a teacher give it to you?
Reply 2
Our school usually does the transition metals option, so they barely have any biochemistry papers. Our head of science has contacted the exam board to see if she can get them, but if they do come, it'll be too late.
Reply 3
Ok... i'll pm it to you when i have a spare moment to type it out (if i can find my version, that is). are there any others that you would like if i can't find that one?
Reply 4
That's really kind of you thanks! I think any quite recent one would be useful :smile:
Reply 5
Hey all,

Could someone please send me the recent papers for biochem...

Thnx
Reply 6
If you don't get the exams sent to you, you can get them all from www.pastpaperexams.com
do you have to remember ALL the structures such as maltose, alpha glucose etc or will they be shown in the exam :s-smilie:
Supersplodge
do you have to remember ALL the structures such as maltose, alpha glucose etc or will they be shown in the exam :s-smilie:

You won't be asked to draw them from scratch. They will be shown, but you will have to know how to distinguish between them.

How are you guys revising for this unit? I've just got a copy of the spec and I'm going through the points one at a time using my textbook. I've read through the whole book numerous times so this method is quite effective. Especially as it cuts through all the **** found in this textbook :smile:
Metal_Gear
You won't be asked to draw them from scratch. They will be shown, but you will have to know how to distinguish between them.

cheers :smile:
Reply 10
ive just made precise notes on each spec point and just keep rereading them and doing past papers
can anyone give me a good roundup on translation, replication and transcripition? (e.g. a couple of steps for each that is enough to get me full marks in the exam) :smile:
replication - DNA unzips, nucletides attached to unzipped end by DNA polymerase
transcription - copying of DNA (with RNA polymerase) to mRNA - moves to ribosome
translation -rRNA moves along mRNA, joining the amino-acids into polypeptides
EierVonSatan
replication - DNA unzips, nucletides attached to unzipped end by DNA polymerase
transcription - copying of DNA (with RNA polymerase) to mRNA - moves to ribosome
translation -rRNA moves along mRNA, joining the amino-acids into polypeptides

lol thanks :smile:

Latest