The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Is Aston hard to get in? (Need help from a year 12 individual)

Hi there, im a student in year 12 studying A-Level Prod Design, BTEC ICT and BTEC Applied Sciences.

I was wondering if i could study Business management, or ICT In business. or something near these 2 topics then would it be hard for me to get in aston?

I think i have no hope of myself of not getting in to aston as i want to make my parents proud etc but im not sure if i could end up in aston. A lot of people tell me its a hard uni. If not then De montfort uni in leicester is the place for me, but i want to ignore that and try my best and get in aston.

Any tips/ advice?
71% of applicants receive offers for this course https://university.which.co.uk/aston-university-a80/courses/business-and-management-bsc-hons-2019-d5cf6524cb7d . Don't worry, as long as you meet the entry requirements and have a good application, you'll be fine. :smile:
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks, i hope i get to the place i need to be!
It’s an ABB uni so it’s slightly difficult. The BBB requirements is reserved for people with contextual/distinguishing circumstances. So depending on your school/location/background you may be get a BBB offer.

With regards to your subjects, I think it’s best to check with the admissions team. Even with a BTEC, Aston states a minimum of grade B in 2 other A-Level subjects. However, I doubt they’d turn you down, they’d give you something.
Everyone else has given you some really solid advice here, so i just want to echo their sentiments.

If you have any questions just give me a shout. :smile:

Josh
It depends on what type of BTEC. If it's the Extended then they can happily accept that on it's own, however if it's National or Subsidiary they will require an A-level or two.
However for example if it was a National and a Subsidiary diploma combined that you where studying, it would be acceptable as a National diploma is equivalent to two grades and a Subsidiary diploma is equivalent to one, meaning that those two combined equal to three grades, the same amount that an Extended diploma gives you. I've seen some Sixth Forms do that although in that case you may need to get in contact with your UCAS choice Universities and ask them.
Oops I messed up it was 85% chance, sorry.
Reply 8
Thank you guys for your help. Im doing 2 Extended BTECS by the way along with one normal A level. and yes. im in sixth form doing it there as well our acceptance rate is like 97.8% or something, also, our sixth form is like 2nd place out of 32 in the city
(edited 5 years ago)
You're very much welcome. Two extended BTECS and one A-level is more than enough to apply. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest